Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Banned

Up In Smoke

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Now that their feud is up in smoke, Cheech and Chong are high on plans to reunite for their first comedy tour in more than 25 years

Cheech Marin told AP Radio that he and Tommy Chong "looked at each other going, `If we're ever going to do something it has to be now because you're not getting any younger and neither am I."'

They tossed around some ideas and figured a comedy tour would be "the most fun" and "the least hassle," the 62-year-old Marin said.

Marin and Chong, who broke up amid creative differences, have tried to reunite before, but have always fought too much. Marin laughed and said: "It takes about 3 minutes for that to happen. There's this veiled hatred." But he added: "We've kind of resolved that."

"We've gotten to the age where we don't feel like fighting anymore because the end is a lot closer than the beginning," he said.

Marin said he thinks dope humor can be as funny today as it was back in the '70s.

"I think it's time for a revival of dope jokes. It's a much bigger audience now, it's much more widespread and institutionalized," he said in an interview earlier this month.

Details of the "Hey, What's That Smell?" tour were to be announced Wednesday at a news conference in West Hollywood, California, according to concert promoter Live Nation.

During their original run, Marin and Chong released nine comedy albums between 1972 and 1985, were nominated for four Grammy Awards and won one. They also starred in eight feature films, almost always portraying a pair of comical stoners stumbling through life. iReport.com: Is it time to legalize pot?

While Chong has continued to do standup, Marin has concentrated on films and TV appearances.

"I guess Cheech forgot how tough standup is," Chong joked last month after Marin said they were considering reuniting.

"But he's got the incentive and the enthusiasm and he's ready," he said of his former partner. "My boy is back."

Old 08-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

WOOHOOO!!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR YEARS! Any news on a schedule yet? Man I seriously can't wait, i'm definatly going to make it for a show.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:50 AM
I see dead people

"We've gotten to the age where we don't feel like fighting anymore because the end is a lot closer than the beginning," ( MAN!) he said.

Looks like the duo has mellowed out with age which I'm hoping won't affect their ability to give us that obsene, crude and contemptible humor they displayed so well together 30 years ago. Maybe the thought of all that extra $$$ pouring in will keep em in form.

Rae Dawn Chong is a lot prettier though!

Old 08-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Caretaker

nice dreams is another winner - looking forward to more laughs frm these clowns
Old 08-01-2008, 11:36 AM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Great news man.Up In smoke was some of the funniest stuff I ever saw and Chong is still as funny as ever.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep4est View Post
Rae Dawn Chong is a lot prettier though!

isnt she that coked up chick from Nice Dreams?

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 08-03-2008, 03:06 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
"We've gotten to the age where we don't feel like fighting anymore because the end is a lot closer than the beginning," ( MAN!) he said.

Looks like the duo has mellowed out with age which I'm hoping won't affect their ability to give us that obsene, crude and contemptible humor they displayed so well together 30 years ago. Maybe the thought of all that extra $$$ pouring in will keep em in form.
Yeah a trip to prison will do that to you..

I can't belive how SHAFTED Tommy CHong was.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:31 AM
She's under the stairs

Someone told me Tommy Chong was dead a few years ago, I thought it seemed plausable, I haven't heard of him doing anything since, so I'm a bit suprised, he is still alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 08-03-2008, 06:56 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Leland_malinski
Cheech and Chong are the reason I realized my dad smoked pot.. He laughed way too hard at them.. not to be high as a kite... but now.. we watch them together.. funny fucking shit..