Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
oh yeah, what im looking for is a movie where the hero gets a shit load of revenge, the hero is a total bad ass, and the hero fucks eveyone up hardcore. best example ive seen yet is Wake Of Death. Its kinda what i was expecting for oldboy..you know.."15 years of imprisonment, 5 days of vengeance". really kinda ended up 1 day of vengeance and four days of figuring out shit.

I know, those type of movies are usually pretty generic, but i just love them so much. anyy sugestions?

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 12-30-2006, 08:32 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

This movie sucks. It's unfortunate, but I am starting to realize that Will Ferrell, as funny as he is, simply is not capable of carrying an entire movie on his own and that's what he is asked to do here. There were a handful of funny parts, but on the whole it would seem as if Ferrell is following in the footsteps of his SNL compadres by starting out his film career strong and then quickly descending downhill. I was not very entertained.

D+

The Descent

Well, I didn't hate this, but I didn't think it was as good as I had been hearing either. My main gripe with this film was that the whole thing was too frickin' dark. It was hard to tell who was who or what was going on because there wasn't any light. Now, I realize they are in a cave & it's supposed to be dark, but I don't pay money to go sit and stare into the darkness of a cave, I pay to be entertained. The acting was good, the gore was average. The nude cavemen were pretty lame & suprisingly pussy. The ending got just a tad confusing. All in all, it wasn't my favorite film of the year, but I didn't hate it either...

B-

See No Evil

This type of horror movie is right up my alley. Starts fast & keeps going with plenty of blood & guts, decent story, decent acting, etc... I actually enjoyed this one more than I thought I was gonna. Kane plays a pretty nasty villain.

B-
Old 12-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwind22 View Post

The Descent

Well, I didn't hate this, but I didn't think it was as good as I had been hearing either. My main gripe with this film was that the whole thing was too frickin' dark. It was hard to tell who was who or what was going on because there wasn't any light. Now, I realize they are in a cave & it's supposed to be dark, but I don't pay money to go sit and stare into the darkness of a cave, I pay to be entertained. The acting was good, the gore was average. The nude cavemen were pretty lame & suprisingly pussy. The ending got just a tad confusing. All in all, it wasn't my favorite film of the year, but I didn't hate it either...

Ironically, I felt these were all strong points of the film. The darkness and illusion fucked with our heads, bringing back the old Lewton strategy of "scaring without showing". Sometimes panic is the scariest feeling possible.

Halfway through the film we are shown that these "monsters" do have weaknesses, and they are, in a way, human. This evokes a feeling of disgust and pity, and raises a battle in which we really don't know who will triumph.

It's one of those films with a hugely fictional basis we actually find ourselves believing. Or at least that's the way I felt about it.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Banned

Beer League ..

laughed all the way through this one ... a lot of fun if you arent easily offended.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:17 AM
Evil Dead

* delete this
Old 12-31-2006, 01:38 AM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up

Disney's Dinosaur (2000) 8 / 10

Emir Kusturica's Underground (1995) 10 / 10
Old 12-31-2006, 03:13 AM
Atrocity Exhibition

Friday the 13th part 8 Jason takes manhattan.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:44 AM
Evil Dead

Spider Man 2 - 7 / 10
Old 12-31-2006, 06:53 AM
Atrocity Exhibition

Half of creepshow.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:47 AM
For Vendetta

Stay Alive. 04/10

Entertaining in parts, but ridiculous in others. It had a good premise, but fell flat in the scare department. Countess Bathory wasnt that scary in her looks, and fell rather tamely in the end, for someone who could cause so much death and destruction throughout the movie.

The acting wasnt great, and the direction was pointless. The game looked great though. It would have been better if they had made the movie like a FPS horror-survival game or something. At least it would have been a semi-decent watch.