Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycom5k View Post
The Gears of War voicechat is pretty bad too, normally its loaded with white kids who think they are black. Its all nigga' this and nigga that. then the good ol' if we met in real life i'd woop your ass insult. Does anybody else find that one funny?

Oh yeah, and I just started Bioshock too.
You know half of those kids probably wish they were black. Anyway, Halo 3 (and I pretty much any online game now, it's just that some are worse than others) is filled with unintelligent people who make nothing but poorly thought out insults every three seconds. "Do you smell that? I think we're playing niggers!" "Man, that dude's a faggot noob, he sucks." "America sucks, everybody hates you." "England sucks, you guys would have lost WWII if it wasn't for us!" "Canada sucks, faggoty ass nigger bitches." Seriously, it's pathetic, makes it hard to even play with the headset on but sometimes you get a good team and there's intelligent, helpful communication.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Evil Dead

80's Trivia
Old 03-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Evil Dead

I'm playing Bishock right now. I must say, this is one of the most atmospheric, artsy and all around moody games I have ever played. I will be buying this one sometime in the near future.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
You know half of those kids probably wish they were black. Anyway, Halo 3 (and I pretty much any online game now, it's just that some are worse than others) is filled with unintelligent people who make nothing but poorly thought out insults every three seconds. "Do you smell that? I think we're playing niggers!" "Man, that dude's a faggot noob, he sucks." "America sucks, everybody hates you." "England sucks, you guys would have lost WWII if it wasn't for us!" "Canada sucks, faggoty ass nigger bitches." Seriously, it's pathetic, makes it hard to even play with the headset on but sometimes you get a good team and there's intelligent, helpful communication.
Yeah, its easier to get a good team that isn't spouting insults constantly if you're in a ranked match. They all get serious during those, if not for the fact that im not too good and I'd rather play a game where I stand a chance then I would play ranked matches constantly. Oh yeah, just a tip on that, just incase you aren't sure who got a down in a ranked match, and you think its you, make sure that you check the scoreboard, because otherwise they bug out on you and pblame you for kill stealing, and they are way too serious about that. One kid got so worked up I swear he was crying. Oh, and am I the only one who is sick of hearing "BOOM HEADSHOT!"?
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricClown View Post
I'm playing Bishock right now. I must say, this is one of the most atmospheric, artsy and all around moody games I have ever played. I will be buying this one sometime in the near future.
Excellent game. lifts storytelling in a video game to a whole new level. Great endings too

I am currently revisiting Half-Life 2. Valve's games hold up so well over time. even the orginal half-life is playable still.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:23 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
Excellent game. lifts storytelling in a video game to a whole new level. Great endings too

I am currently revisiting Half-Life 2. Valve's games hold up so well over time. even the orginal half-life is playable still.
How many endings does it have?
Old 03-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Evil Puppy

This kind of sucks, especially for VC who loves co-op games, but here's a quote from penny-arcade.

"Just got back from the store with two copies of Army of Two, my mind already blossoming with mercenary exploits, when it suddely became clear that the game has no local play option. No local play option. Even on the same Goddamned LAN, both accounts need to be Gold Tier Live accounts. You seriously have got to be fucking kidding me. "
Old 03-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
This kind of sucks, especially for VC who loves co-op games, but here's a quote from penny-arcade.

"Just got back from the store with two copies of Army of Two, my mind already blossoming with mercenary exploits, when it suddely became clear that the game has no local play option. No local play option. Even on the same Goddamned LAN, both accounts need to be Gold Tier Live accounts. You seriously have got to be fucking kidding me. "
But is that local play on LIVE, or offline as well?
Old 03-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:

I did a little digging, smelling out reviews. That is pretty much just for the online play. It does have split screen.

Pretty much, two players on the same LAN can't play online together.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
blame you for kill stealing, and they are way too serious about that.
Ha, when I moderate the Aust PS3 servers, I get/hear that all the time.
I laugh at those losers, and if they carry on like that, boot 'em.
I mean hey...you were both going for the same kill...it has to be ONE of you...by their own rationale theyre saying that they intended to kill yours?
Little self centred no life losers that play these games all day - as though thousands of online hours don't put their precious "ranks" high enough.
At home, I won't even bother with voicechat unless it's a locked server with friends...

Quote:
Even on the same Goddamned LAN, both accounts need to be Gold Tier Live accounts.
:rolleyes: ...and yet on PS3, again, Free.
Terrible.