Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Little Boo

Check out this list of the 10 scariest novels ever written

full list (it's lengthy) http://horrornovelreviews.com/2013/0...s-of-all-time/

Quote:
10. Stephen King – Pet Sematary

King’s tale of severe desperation still brings a bead of sweat to my forehead today. I’ve read the novel at least a half dozen times, but time and repetition fail to dull the book’s impact. The burial ground still crawls under my skin, Gage Creed’s fate still tears at my inside. Jud Crandall still strikes me as one of the most sympathetic figures ever created, and his death in the waning moments of the story still leave me deeply melancholy and completely petrified.

Pet Sematary is an A-class effort from Stephen King.

Synopsis: “The road in front of Dr. Louis Creed’s rural Maine home frequently claims the lives of neighborhood pets. Louis has recently moved from Chicago to Ludlow with his wife Rachel, their children and pet cat. Near their house, local children have created a cemetery for the dogs and cats killed by the steady stream of transports on the busy highway. Deeper in the woods lies another graveyard, an ancient Indian burial ground whose sinister properties Louis discovers when the family cat is killed.”