Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Compilations and Pastimes
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

It all comes down to what disturbs you.

Rape?
Eating vomit or excrement?
Self mutilation of body parts?
Ritualistic torture murders?
Animal Cruelty?

These movies have all of these and more. It depends on what disturbs you in what context.

How would we do a rating system, __V__? This movie has made the list for: Nails through the penis:D
Old 11-03-2008, 08:25 AM
Cranky

You could do a Joe Bob Briggs kind of thing: 10 dead bodies, 15 severed limbs, tongue slicing foo, vomit foo...

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 11-03-2008, 10:07 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flayed One View Post
How would we do a rating system, __V__? This movie has made the list for: Nails through the penis:D
rofl...that would be a HUGE spoiler.

I dunno...its just a thought. Maybe a rating system - number of stars displaying the amount of disturbing content in it. But then, disturbing could mean both physical, gorific and sickening, OR mental, draining and affecting the psyche.

Mind you, Requiem of a Dream might score more stars than say, Stacy, because its a deep study of psychological downward spiral into becoming a total mess. So I am undecided about the exact criteria here.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:24 AM

In all seriousness, I'll do some thinking about it.

PM me and let me know your ideas. Maybe we can come up with something.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Evil Alive

Thank you for your input oh forefathers of HDC. I was just wanting to pick the brain of someone who had seen all of the movies. But I think that some type of countdown would be great. Your top 100 list was great so I would definitely trust the brains behind the judging.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painfulldeath View Post
Thank you for your input oh forefathers of HDC. I was just wanting to pick the brain of someone who had seen all of the movies. But I think that some type of countdown would be great. Your top 100 list was great so I would definitely trust the brains behind the judging.
I don't know that any of us has seen all of them. I'm at about 40 myself, though I have about ten of them laying around waiting to be watched.

One I can personally vouch for is Cutting Moments. I wrote the blurb for it in the HDC Hidden Gems list. Brilliant, ugly short film. I suggest you get Bucks Family Portraits, which has Cutting Moments and two other very strong shorts.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Evil Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flayed One View Post
I don't know that any of us has seen all of them. I'm at about 40 myself, though I have about ten of them laying around waiting to be watched.

One I can personally vouch for is Cutting Moments. I wrote the blurb for it in the HDC Hidden Gems list. Brilliant, ugly short film. I suggest you get Bucks Family Portraits, which has Cutting Moments and two other very strong shorts.
Ok. I'll add it to the others mentioned above. Maybe I should balance watching these movies with some comedy just to keep my sanity. Thanks.:)
Old 11-22-2008, 01:52 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the Monk View Post
I will second the call for a rating system. I recently watched one of the Guinea Pig films and chickened out after the first 30 minutes!
The title of the list is "The Sickest, Gorific, Disturbing and Controversial" what else does anyone need? Honestly. I don't really care for gore for gore's sake, so I won't bother trying to be a completist about this list. Just know that should you chose to watch a film from this list, don't say we didn't warn you.

Not all the films on the list will affect everyone the same way, but all the films contain an element that several judges ageed upon as "disturbing" - which is of course, a nebulous term. this of every film on this list as having a big yellow "WARNING - view at your own peril" sticker on them. That's all the more rating any of these films need.

If you want great films, go through the other lists (and I'm not saying there aren't some truly great films in this list) because these films are compiled purely for thier ability to make you cringe.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 01-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Hellraiser

Say whether their funny, sick, torture, supernatural and then just rate them out of ten;

Inside - disturbing, gory 10/10
Irreverisble - rape, brutal 6/10
Murder Set Pieces (Uncut) - slasher 8/10
Seed - Serial killer 9/10
Audition - asian extreme T. Miike 9/10
Event horizon - scifi supernatural 8/10
Cure - japanese serial killer 8/10

and so on . . . . its the only way to get an overall idea of what everyone thinks, just sub genre it. You could do it by just simple types like slasher/ torture/ supernatural/ black comedy/ gore/ psychological etc.:)
Old 01-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Hellraiser

Smile

Oh i completely forgot about Philosophy of a knife. 9/10 extreme torture but beautifully filmed. Very good film but only if you ve got a very strong stomach. Ive seen alot of disturbing films but this really did push to the extreme and because its so close to reality it becomes more than just another horror torture movie.