Old 10-06-2003, 10:51 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Ginger Snaps

Anybody have any news about the upcoming Ginger Snaps sequel and prequel?
Old 10-07-2003, 04:55 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Tony Send a message via Yahoo to Tony
You know, I really enjoyed the first one but after Katherine Isabella's attitude towards Freddy vs. Jason I have little desire to see a Ginger Snaps seque. I think it would be "just another one" to quote her.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:25 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I am pissed at her attitude, but I will still watch these flicks. No use punishing everyone for one bad egg.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to roguesblight Send a message via Yahoo to roguesblight
okay, now i have no idea who Katherine Isabella is, but I kinda liked ginger snaps. My aunt rented it and it sounded kinda hokie, but it turned out to be quite a neat movie. Not the greatest filming in the world but i enjoyed it anyways. So who is that Katherine chick?
Old 10-12-2003, 11:03 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to nightbreed
i loved the orginal. very creative. nice piercing scene.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:36 AM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by roguesblight
okay, now i have no idea who Katherine Isabella is, but I kinda liked ginger snaps. My aunt rented it and it sounded kinda hokie, but it turned out to be quite a neat movie. Not the greatest filming in the world but i enjoyed it anyways. So who is that Katherine chick?
She played Ginger. And she kinda dissed the genre in an interview that was supposed to promote Freddy vs. Jason.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:53 AM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
Just like the cast members of jeppers creppers 2 they were dissing FvJ and saying their movie has a better story/script. They were basically telling you FvJ was the worst movie ever before they ever saw it.:mad: Ever since I read that article I have boycotted that movie.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:33 AM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by Killer Clown#1
Just like the cast members of jeppers creppers 2 they were dissing FvJ and saying their movie has a better story/script. They were basically telling you FvJ was the worst movie ever before they ever saw it.:mad: Ever since I read that article I have boycotted that movie.
See, that doesn't bug me. Katherine Isabelle was dogging her own movie. She's in Freddy vs. Jason and she was trashing it. How lame is that?
Old 10-15-2003, 06:48 AM
Hotmud

Don't be so hard on Katharine Isabelle because she was completely right about FvJ.:eek:

FvJ is "the same old same old..". But that's why I liked FvJ. I didn't expect any grand meaningful filmmaking or poignant character portrayals and got just that. It was an exciting grudge match between two horror icons and everything else was incidental. In that sense FvJ did exactly what it was supposed to do. This is why it was successful for the horror fan but not so successful for the film criitcs.

Word on the GS sequels is very inconclusive. The prequel is still in post-production. The sequel finally wrapped sound editing a couple of weeks ago. They got delayed due to the big blackout. I hope they try for a world premiere at Sitges but who knows, they might not have finished in time to submit. Rumors hint of a theatrical release early 2004 in Canada but who knows for the rest of us.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:06 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to roguesblight Send a message via Yahoo to roguesblight
thanks avenger for the info on Katherine!