Old 01-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Misanthrope

The Rum Diary

I enjoyed this but wasn't blown away by it. There were a few great scenes that had me chuckling away. Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas felt more like when you read a Hunter S Thompson book and was a more effective adaptation IMO. Still an entertaining film just not epic or something I'd re-watch often.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Looked great and the cast was solid but this was just another run of the mill thriller for me and nothing special. Haven't seen the original and probably won't bother after watching this.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:39 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
[B][I]

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Looked great and the cast was solid but this was just another run of the mill thriller for me and nothing special. Haven't seen the original and probably won't bother after watching this.

Tried to watch that last night as well. Lost interest after 30 minutes. Got further with the book without finnish that one either.

No, Stieg Larsson just isn't for me.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:10 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Tried to watch that last night as well. Lost interest after 30 minutes. Got further with the book without finnish that one either.

No, Stieg Larsson just isn't for me.
I almost did that myself but it picked up after the first half hour and got interesting but the last 40 minutes dragged and the big reveal was predictable.
Once you get over how nicely shot it is the film just shows itself for what it really is.... just an over-hyped thriller with some tacked on "shocking" scenes.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:24 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Anonymous (2011)

With a great production value, set & costume design, the film comes with quite a notorious subject matter like Shakespeare authorship question, mainly inspired by The Oxfordian theory on the matter. I had actually very little idea about the topic until I saw the film & read about it last night. More than 2 hour long running time the movie has a good pace and as a political conspiracy thriller set in Elizabethan era, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Particularly Rhys Ifans (Earl of Oxford) & Vanessa Redgrave (Queen Elizabeth I) were great among the fine cast of actors. But when it comes to the historical facts, characters & accuracy, as far I know, they butchered most of it with a brutal fashion & one of the prime victims was the English poet & playwright William Shakespeare. So if you consider giving it a watch then my suggestion is take it as a "What if..." sort of film that's got an utterly fictional, (at times) comical & darker take on the source & 'mystery' behind the greatest treasures of English literature. Overall, a surprisingly well made film from director Ronald Emmerich, mostly in compare to his earlier big budget crap & disaster films.

>>: B+

Last edited by roshiq; 01-30-2012 at 02:27 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:29 AM
Banned

The Innkeepers

couldn't get into this one

Devoid of atmosphere and the pacing is painstakingly slow. I usually love a good "slow-burn" movie but this one just burnt and crashed with a shitty finale as well.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Love is like dying

watched 2 great movies.

cell 211

The story of two men on different sides of a prison riot the inmate leading the rebellion and the young guard trapped in the revolt who poses as a prisoner in a desperate attempt to survive the ordeal. 8/10

pefect sense

A story about two people a chef and an epidemiologist who fall in love just as an epidemic begins to rob the world's population of their sensory perceptions. 7/10

and i watched gutterballs fun movie 4/10

Last edited by leezuki; 01-30-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: added
Old 01-30-2012, 03:01 PM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
The Innkeepers

couldn't get into this one

Devoid of atmosphere and the pacing is painstakingly slow. I usually love a good "slow-burn" movie but this one just burnt and crashed with a shitty finale as well.
Agree %100. Love Ti West and slow burning horrors but it seemed like there were so many ways to make it alot more scary and for no reason he didnt include them. I.E. more creepy audio, more ghosts, more anything.......

Liked how it ended but didnt like the ending itself and also thought more of The Shiningesqe atmosphere wouldve made alot more creepy.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:01 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedanightlight View Post
I watched "The Faculty"!! Love it!
"Last edited by V"???

What have you been up to now, Stalin?
Old 01-30-2012, 03:10 PM
From The Beyond

One Dark Night (1983) Can't believe I've never seen this before. Excellently creepy little film that is like candy for someone as morbid as me with a plot concerning psychic vampirism, telekinesis and energy fields this was adorable. Highly recommended.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:44 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
One Dark Night (1983) Can't believe I've never seen this before. Excellently creepy little film that is like candy for someone as morbid as me with a plot concerning psychic vampirism, telekinesis and energy fields this was adorable. Highly recommended.
Vampirism??

I would call it a zombie movie. Or.... a living dead movie. :rolleyes: