Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-06-2013, 04:54 AM
Little Boo

Thoughts on slasher remakes

For my dissertation I'm writing about horror remakes and the representation of the final girl character. Hope you don't mind me picking your brains.

Just want to know what your thoughts are on remakes, I could only list a few ones that I have seen that I thought were decent; Hills Have Eyes, Halloween.

Do you think the final girl character has evolved through any of the remakes?

Thanks guys :)
Old 03-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Little Boo

I have not seen the new "Hills Have Eyes" yet. However I enjoyed the new halloween, it was a nice reboot that did justice to the old movies. Now the Remake of Nightmare on Elm Street, sucked. I think if Jackie Earle Haley had a bit more freedom with freddy that he could of pulled it off, he had some good oneliners in the film or he just sucked at it, I will leave that up to you. I think the new Nightmare on Elm Street could of been good, if they did not use so much CGI, but toke physical effects and add CGI. The new Friday the 13th film was good, they did well on. My Bloody Valentine was good, I seen this film in 3D and the opening scenes of blood and gore was awesome in three 3D, story was a tad bit weak but over all well done. there is my quick thoughts.