Old 04-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Tenant

Ravenous

A more recent cannibal horror movie with Guy Pierce. I just TiVOd it, thinking of watching it tonight.

Your thoughts? Anyone seen it?
Old 04-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Your funeral... my trial

It's awesome. Lots of really grim black humor and a few genuine scares. Robert Carlyle turns in a great performance as the "mysterious stranger." (Trying to avoid spoilers here.)
Old 04-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Banned

great movie .. never understood why the critics panned it
Old 04-21-2006, 09:58 PM
It's Daddy,you shithead!

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
great movie .. never understood why the critics panned it
They(the critics) did'nt understand it,it did'nt convienently lend itself to any one clear genre...so they buried it.

It's unfortunate because Robert Carlyle shined in that film.I recall the movie as a sort Jack London meets Hitchcock wierd amalgamation,but with alot more to it than that.

I won't spoil it for you Alky,enjoy the film.

Budduskey:i am the motherfucking shore patrol,motherfucker!i am the motherfucking shore patrol!give this man a beer.

"Repent, Harlequin!" said the Ticktockman.
"Get stuffed!" replied the Harlequin, sneering.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Misanthrope

I dug it. But I really fuckin' hate Guy Pierce as an actor. He's just one of those actors that makes films unlikable for me. Memento was cool aswell and its a shame two great scripts were wasted on such a shit actor. Really disappointed Guy Penis is in The Proposition but will check it out regardless because John Hillcoat and Nick Cave's collaborations are pretty fucking amazingly genre bending. Hopefully this flick will give the western genre a kick in the face like Ghosts... of the Civil Dead did for the prision movie. Ray Winston will be gold as usual tho I'm sure (Nill By Mouth/Scum you can't mess with that shit).
Old 04-22-2006, 03:37 AM
Evil Dead

Ravenous is a great film & The Proposition with Guy Pearce & Ray Winstone thats top drawer as well.
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood, tell the ANGELS in Heaven you never saw EVIL so singularly personified than in the face of the man who KILLED you........

I ask you again Captain, where will you go?
You can destroy my specimens but what about the millions that wait to greet you outside?
Do you really think you can blow the piss out of them?
All of them?
Old 04-22-2006, 04:29 AM
Banned

i think Guy Pierce is a great actor - i've liked everything he's done.
i'd watch a film just because he's in it .
Old 04-22-2006, 06:53 AM
Tenant

Awesome. Sounds liek you all like it, so I'm watching it tonight.

Thank God it was on HBO, too, so I won't have to worry that I'm missing some edited scenes. I hate that feeling.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
I dug it. But I really fuckin' hate Guy Pierce as an actor. He's just one of those actors that makes films unlikable for me. Memento was cool aswell and its a shame two great scripts were wasted on such a shit actor. Really disappointed Guy Penis is in The Proposition but will check it out regardless because John Hillcoat and Nick Cave's collaborations are pretty fucking amazingly genre bending. Hopefully this flick will give the western genre a kick in the face like Ghosts... of the Civil Dead did for the prision movie. Ray Winston will be gold as usual tho I'm sure (Nill By Mouth/Scum you can't mess with that shit).
I agree. The guys a stick. Haven't seen such a stuffed shirt since Gregory Peck. One reason I never bothered to watch To Kill a Mockingbird, no matter how good they say it is.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Boredyet

It's a terrific film, quite off the wall and wonderfully unhinged. I particularly love the soundtrack by Michael Nyman and Damon Albarn (who should do more film scores), and has a great performance from Jeffrey Jones.

It's an odd film in a way; the director Antonia Bird is best known really for making quite grim British TV shows and a so-so gangster film (Face, also with Carlyle), and it has one of those 'Oh, it's him from thingy!' casts.

"He was licking me!"