Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-29-2004, 10:15 AM
Banned

Awesome movie.

ZFE is one of those films that would not be nearly as endearing without some dodgy acting and dubbing and grotesquely OTT special effects.

Most importantly, unlike Romero's films, it does not take itself seriously for a moment - the main effect being thrilling rather than dramatic.

And what about that zombie/shark fight!
Old 12-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Banned

It seriously bogs down for a while in the middles...but there is so much here to admire and enjoy......

The bizarre Shark/Zombie fight (certainly unlike anything else ever seen), the iconic Al Cliver English dub by Nick Alexander, nice turns by all the cast ,with Richard Johnson especially using his great voice to perfection.

Then throw in a bit of nudity (full frontal on our Olga if the film is seen in it's full aspect ratio), some great sets, truly superb looking zombie make-up, some amazingly executed gore effects (the oft forgotten throat bite eaily being the jaw droppingly bloody highlight and the slow and sadistic splinter scene is as undying in it's appeal as the zombies themselves) and stunning cinematography.

But this is also a film drenched in apocolyptic atmosphere. As the corpses mount up in the mass burial pits, as the cast is munched down, a real sense of bleakness sets in. Fulci expertly milks this atmosphere for all it's worth in the majestically design Zombie shots where the rotted dead shamble into view (and these wonderful creations walk in the definative Zombie way, that head down, dragging monstrosity of human movement) in ever increasing numbers.
One of the finest visuals, in any horror film ever, has to be the lone zombie stumbling through the deserted wind swept village. And in a magical mixture of fine make-up FX, camera movement, cinematography and music Fulci delivers one of the great horror shots as the camera sweeps around to reveal the Zombie's half destroyed face.

And lets us not forget the best damn chowing down sequence ever as the half eaten body of the Doc's Wife lies on the table like a fucking all you can eat buffet as a group of shadowed ghouls consume her...and the shot of the zombie with it's head down who eats by shoving his face into the bloodied trough of his hand is perhaps the most horrific example of a living corpse eating human flesh!

the finale is also a highlight (even the naff voiceover of the radio announcer is entertaining) as we have oyr survivors trapped on the boat with the undead corpse of their friend bashing on the cabin door as they hear on the radio that the very place they were fleeing to has become the hell on earth they thought they had just escaped! Wonderful!
Old 12-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sedated_replica Send a message via Yahoo to Sedated_replica
^ wow now that was a detailed movie review.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Therapy?

Is the movie Zombie Nightmare any good?
Old 12-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
@42ndStreetFreak...That was excellent...You should post it in our Movie Database forum...

I really think I would have liked this one more, if I hadn't expected so much (sorry Zwoti)....It was still pretty good though

Zombie 4 sucked MAJOR ass...

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 12-06-2004, 05:38 PM
Evil Dead

Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelakillsluts
Is the movie Zombie Nightmare any good?
No not good at all. IMO But everyone has an opinion ...

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 12-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Backyard Waterfall

"ZOMBIE. You are----what they eat!! Under 17 not admitted."

Loved the ridiculously obsessive, special feature-laden Shriek Show 2-disc set. It's so good, so complete, that it's almost wrawng.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:44 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
and it's cheap. That's what convinced me to buy it.

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE
Old 12-07-2004, 07:47 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
Quote:
Originally posted by 42ndStreetFreak
the finale is also a highlight (even the naff voiceover of the radio announcer is entertaining) as we have oyr survivors trapped on the boat with the undead corpse of their friend bashing on the cabin door as they hear on the radio that the very place they were fleeing to has become the hell on earth they thought they had just escaped! Wonderful!
Yeah! And even in the zombie apocalypse, traffic still sucks (note all the cars)

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE
Old 12-08-2004, 01:25 AM
Banned

I've not flicked on to the Italian language version. But supposedly the Radio voice-over is purely an English dub creation and there is nothing on the Italian version.