Old 12-30-2008, 09:04 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

I actually liked most of their films. But that Ratahootie film, that was poop nuts. Confused and muddled story points. It looked great (they all do!) but the story fell very flat for me, unfortunately.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 12-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Evil Dead

Toy Story is still a favourite of mine...not just on account of the revolutionary animation it made use of at the time, but it honestly had one of the better storylines I'd ever seen in a kids film...to this day, the scene where Woody and the "freaks" take on the bully, the whole "so. play. nice." bit makes me laugh my ass off...

A Bugs Life - Didn't dislike it, wouldn't think it a bad idea for a kids collection when I get around to having one, but yeah, the characters...whatever.

Toy Story 2 was fine, but I preferred the first one...probably one of the better disney sequels ever though, some definate effort went in here - it had a lot to live up to, and I think it pulled it off pretty well.

Monsters Inc. - This is the one everyone else seems to love...I personally don't.
No real reason, just didn't appeal to me. If anything I'll give it credit for the leaps and bounds it improved upon the previous pixar films, in terms of animation and textures.

Finding Nemo - This is REALLY the one that I don't get. I could barely even sit through it...the characters were just annoying.

The Incredibles is in my personal opinion the best pixar film. Funny for all ages, great animation, a GOOD storyline...and yknow what? Did the superhero thing better'n most actual existing comic-based films. Great fun, this one deserves a sequel more'n the rest, but I'd be severaly dissapointed if they fucked it up.

Ratatouille, is surprisingly one I've yet to see - being into both cooking and rats, ha. I'll catch it at some point I'm sure.

Wall.E, made me smile...took me into that universe...did it well. More a visual journey of a love story than a movie, how much it conveyed without words surprised me a lot. I was glad to see the lonely little fella make his way.

Cars - Haven't seen, don't really want to.

I will say this though...these kind of films are great with kids, but I still feel haven't got shit on (aside from better animation, 'natch) the kids movies that were out in the 80's.
Dark Crystal, Caravan of Courage, Labyrinth, the first Neverending Story.
LOVED that shit right there.
Sorry for the derail.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:04 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Not at all, ad a very valid point. Dark Crystal was stunning, as were the others you mentioned.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 12-31-2008, 07:17 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

WALL E is by far the most challenging and impressive film to come from Pixar - a studio with a very high bar for excellence in story, character development and crafting action sequences.

But WALL E is something alltogether different. It dares to show a terrifying dystopian future in which our planet is destroyed by our own inability to stop living a life of disposable pleasures... and what has ecome of the humans is even more horrible.

And agianst this is a tale with little dialog, big ideas, amazing visual storytelling and a ton of heart.

I usually HATE robot movies, becasuse the inevitably feel soulless, but WALL E has the soul of a peot, findsing beauty in the chaos and will abandon everything he knows to pursue love and companionship.

One of the very best films of the year.

That said I loved THE INCREDIBLES an TOY STORY. I wasn't so hot on A BUG'S LIFE and I disliked CARS.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon

Last edited by Roderick Usher; 12-31-2008 at 07:20 PM.