Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions

Old 11-15-2015, 03:04 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Hello everybody,

I looked for a section of the forum for these types of post but didn't see one.

I'm looking for some help if that would be ok. I've recently been collecting all my favorite horror movies and in the process of making my list of movies there was one that I remember watching when I was younger that I can't remember the name of.

Movie is probably from the 80's or 70's. It involves a scene were two men are talking about a demon/creature and one man tells the other man (one man my or may not be a preacher). One man in the conversation mentions that if a demon/creature is coming then you will hear heavy footsteps getting louder and louder coming towards you. (that proceeds to happen pretty quickly after the convo and footsteps get very very loud)

Other thing I remember from the movie is that the demon/creature lives in a secret room attached to the house (room may not have been secret and just blocked off). When they go in the room all sorts of demon-ny stuff is draped around the room.

Some of the details I gave may be remembered wrong but this is all I remember about the film. Would really like to see the film again (if anything to see if it was as good as I remember). So I would appreciate any help that could be given. I've googled and googled but haven't found anything.

PS: There is the possibility the details I'm giving are from two different movies lol.
Cellar dweller. Had some demon type thing. ...the movie had...rooms?
Old 11-15-2015, 10:06 AM
Little Boo

What movie am I thinking of?

It's been a long time since I've seen it and can't remember the title.
There was a miniature version of a house that there was a murder in. And the tiny figurines in the house would recreate the murder by positioning themselves. I believe that some children were blamed for moving them around. And that's about all I remember. Any help would be appreciated. And sorry about the lack of details
Old 11-20-2015, 08:42 AM
Little Boo

Can you please help me identify this movie? '80s mental asylum mystery horror

The film is excellent but extremely obscure. It's from the 80s or possibly the 70s. It's American and I think it was a regional release. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called, or find out anything about it online. I saw it on YouTube years ago.

Plot. (In chronological order). A man molests his daughter. Feeling guilty, he founds a mental hospital in a mansion in a small town to help people. The man's daughter is treated there as well. Unbeknownst to him, the doctors are neglecting and abusing the patients. One night the patients get together and massacre the doctors. The man's daughter is murdered too, because of her connection with him. He is grief-stricken and disappears. It is believed that he dies in a fire.

Many years later, the former mental patients still live in the same town and now run the small town council. A young woman (some relation of the asylum founder) inherits the mansion. She notices everyone treating her strangely. The town council is very interested in buying the house from her. (They want to tear it down because it gives them bad memories and makes them afraid.)

One by one, the former mental patients are murdered by a mysterious figure. Before killing each one, the murderer terrifies them by reminding them of the mental hospital and what they did, all those years before.

In the end the woman is alone in the mansion after a brutal string of killings. A dark figure rushes at her from the stairs, shrieking something. The camera zooms in on his face and we see he's a very old man. She immediately shoots him dead. It turns out it's the asylum founder, who was alive and well this whole time, killing to avenge his daughter. And he had mistaken the woman for his daughter, calling her by his daughter's name.

Last edited by IdentifyMovie; 11-20-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:34 PM

The movie you are looking for is "Silent Night, Bloody Night" 1972. Not to be confused with"Silent Night, Deadly Night" 1984. Its still on YouTube. Rather a dark little tale but I enjoyed it.
Old 12-12-2015, 06:36 PM
Little Boo

70s slasher axe film, gift-wrapped scalpel

Please help me identify this movie. I only caught about 20 minutes of it.

A man was locked in a room by a brother and sister. The room was in their house but it was like a padded cell. The brother and sister were doing this for their father, who was catatonic in a wheelchair. They were "showing" the father their "prize" but the prisoner was shouting about the father not even understanding what was going on. Then the brother and sister tell the prisoner to open a small door in the wall and inside is a wrapped gift. Inside is a scalpel. The sister calls the prisoner "doctor" at this point.

Before this scene, the brother was shown holding an axe and there were axe murders earlier in the film.

Help! I want to see the whole movie now.

More info:

Before the man was imprisoned in the room he was driving with the sister. She is taking him somewhere to hide away from someone. He says something like, "But he'll know this place." She says she never took "him" here. It's night as they are driving and having this conversation. When they get out of the car there is this house that seems to be in an isolated spot. When he gets out he turns and sees she's holding a gun. Then the brother shows up. This was the scene before the prison room.

PS: Help! I've been trying to figure this out for almost two months!!
Old 12-20-2015, 06:49 PM
Little Boo

Unknown Horror Film

Though I may not get a timely answer, I have been searching a while for a film that I saw from an unlabeled trailer.(It was to be released in the 2016-2020 year range, as I recall.) From what I remember from the trailer, it was based off of either a play or a story set in the 1700s. The plot, as I recall, was about a scientist/magician/exorcist who goes to an English town to solve their "demon problem" and things inevitably go sour. The general look of the film was a lot more colorful and stylized than most regular horror films, and the demon reveal consisted of the skin tearing apart to reveal the evil beneath. Any help is appreciated, I've been searching for months. Agh!
Old 12-23-2015, 01:44 PM
Little Boo

looking for a movie

Im looking for a old horror movie. I cant remember its name. I remember a bit of its plot. There are some volunteers/student who sign up for some experiment to investigate sleep disorders/supernatural. THey go to a mansion that is haunted. And somone says that the roomcount changes. One day you count the rooms you get 98, next day you get 99.

Dont remember mutch more. does anybody know this movie ?
Old 12-23-2015, 01:49 PM
Horror > Everything

Could it be Rose Red? Not too old but...
Old 12-23-2015, 02:00 PM
No, fuck YOU

The Haunting had volunteers suffering from sleeping disorders, but i dont remember anything about the number of rooms changing.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:52 AM
Little Boo

I watched both trailer. Both look something like i remember. Have to watch both of em to be sure :D. If you remember any other names let me know :D

Tags
#demon #possession, 70's, 80's, advice, afterlife, alcohol, asylum, b&w, bad acting, body parts, cant find film, cemetary, children, classic horror movies, cloche, closet, creepy woman, cult, dead, demon, dog, doll, early 2000s, experimental, factory, film, film name, finding, fog, found footage, funny, ghost, ghosts, giallo, girl, god, gothic, gun, guy, haunted, haunted house, haunted painting, head on platter, help needed, helpme, horror, horror movie, horror movies, horror. japanese horror, house, indie film, indie horror, judgment night, korean, korean horror gates, laughable horror, monster, movie, movie help critics, movie name, movie still, movie title, murder, near-death experience, obscure, paranormal, possessed, question, radio devil nuns evil, red, room, scary movie, scene, search film, sex scene, ship, suicide, summon, supernatural, the gate, title, urgent, weird, white noise, witch, woman, woods