Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Zydrate Anatomy

Death Note

The first of a two part live action movie based on the anime of the same name. Really good, though it ends with a cliffhanger. I'm planning on doing a full review of this later this week.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Evil Alive

The Host: Pretty good though I watched the English dubbed version; which may have taken a lot out of the quality of the movie. Nevertheless I would give it 7/10.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
The Doll Master ~ I enjoyed it a heck of lot more than I expected to, love the dolls.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Cranky

Zebraman.

Everyone- go watch this NOW. This movie just BLEW ME AWAY.

A boy in a wheelchair, a mild mannered schoolteacher who imagines himself a superhero, alien green blobs invading the Earth, government conspiracies..,. all melded into one cockeyed plot that straddles genres with perfect finesse. Manages to be domestic drama, sci fi, horror, satire- and it all WORKS.

Inspirational, heartwarming, hip cool, and hilarious all at the same time. Honestly, I haven't been so impressed with a movie in a long long time.

Manages to get some hilarious barbs in against the ghost woman with long hair, buildings sealed with red tape and Ultraman type superheros. So many deft small touches of humor and even some symbolism and political comment. And to top it all off, it's Miike.

I just can't rave enough about this movie.

OMG

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff

Last edited by neverending; 10-21-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:45 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna26 View Post
The Doll Master ~ I enjoyed it a heck of lot more than I expected to, love the dolls.
yeah...specially I liked the death scene at the toilet. Though there were some nice creepy moments but the ending was somewhat disappointing.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Waste Disposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Zebraman.

Everyone- go watch this NOW. This movie just BLEW ME AWAY.

A boy in a wheelchair, a mild mannered schoolteacher who imagines himself a superhero, alien green blobs invading the Earth, government conspiracies..,. all melded into one cockeyed plot that straddles genres with perfect finesse. Manages to be domestic drama, sci fi, horror, satire- and it all WORKS.

Inspirational, heartwarming, hip cool, and hilarious all at the same time. Honestly, I haven't been so impressed with a movie in a long long time.

Manages to get some hilarious barbs in against the ghost woman with long hair, buildings sealed with red tape and Ultraman type superheros. So many deft small touches of humor and even some symbolism and political comment. And to top it all off, it's Miike.

I just can't rave enough about this movie.

OMG

Nope.
My netflix rating system says I won't enjoy this film, so I have to pass.
:D
It's queued, thanks for the recommendation.
I've bypassed this movie for awhile, thinking it was like Mystery Men for some reason:confused:
Old 10-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
yeah...specially I liked the death scene at the toilet. Though there were some nice creepy moments but the ending was somewhat disappointing.
Good scene. I thought it was a little uneven thoughout, and yes, the ending was a little weak. But I wasn't expecting that much going in, so I was pleasantly surprised.

And neverending I will definitely be checking Zebraman out very soon.

Anyway, just watched Black House a little while ago and I loved it....until the end, which again was a little weak. Oh and the police were absolutely useless which always frustrates me in films like these. But otherwise, a solid, and very dark, mystery thriller.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Evil Dead

Carved ~ I had high hopes for this one, but was disappointed. I loved the look of the slit-mouthed woman, and the instances of child abuse through the film were very disturbing to me....but I didn't like the ending at all, and didn't really get the actions of some of the characters. Overall, just an okay watch.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Forensic Pathology Nerd

Infection

Found it for only five bucks and it's still one of my favorite movies. I heard a rumor that this may become an American movie soon, which I don't think will be very great at all....

Old 10-27-2008, 07:44 AM
Evil Alive

Last watched The Three Extremes. Dumplings and Box were decent but nothing outstanding IMO... Cut was fricking awesome! Park delivered the goods yet again in this short story. I'm sure if anyone watches it, there will be at least one of the three stories that you will enjoy.