Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-19-2012, 07:52 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
I agree. Never thought of it as "found footage". How do you figure?
Maybe because of the low budget, direct-to-video kind of filming of the film conveyed that idea to viewers. It does give off that kind of feeling, come to think of it.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:22 AM
No, fuck YOU

Aren't all found footage movies shot with a hand-held camera? Session 9 definitely wasn't.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Evil Dead

The Grey - 7/10

I was expecting a survival movie in the same spirit as the The Way Back but I was way off. This is definitely a full blooded, claustrophobic, nerve shredding horror. There's a tasteful smattering of gore/unpleasantness which is about right for my tastes. This movie builds to a crescendo after dragging you to breaking point.

Also, it doesn't hurt that the protagonist is the badass, favourite thespian son of Ulster, Liam Neeson. ENJOY!!!
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 09-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Session 9? A "found footage" movie?

I don't think so.
If anything, it's a 'found audio' movie but lets not quibble. It is a very good movie and the performance from Peter Mullan is exceptional but then it always is. Check out his deeply unsettling but awesome delivery in the Red Riding series.
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 09-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss tony View Post
If anything, it's a 'found audio' movie but lets not quibble. It is a very good movie and the performance from Peter Mullan is exceptional but then it always is. Check out his deeply unsettling but awesome delivery in the Red Riding series.
I was just saying like!!..They find audio footage ...and it happens to be a fantastic film.Call me pedantic.Accuse me of thinking outside the box.Guilty as charged.
Its like making love to a beautiful woman.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:38 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dara View Post
I was just saying like!!..They find audio footage ...and it happens to be a fantastic film.Call me pedantic.Accuse me of thinking outside the box.Guilty as charged.
Its like making love to a beautiful woman.
Crazy woman..
Old 09-20-2012, 06:54 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Watched "Snow White And The Huntsman" last night.

Wasn't really sure what to expect. I didn't think it was a bad movie. I thought some of the effects were really good. But, I just couldn't keep wondering to myself how Kristen Stewart is the "fairest" of them all? I would take Charlize Theron over Stewart any day of the week.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:29 AM
For Vendetta

Started it to keep the baby engaged till bed time, and found myself watching it through till the end.
More than a decent sequel, interspersed with a couple of notable cringe-worthy scenes, and a superbly sadistic character in Rusty Nail.
And Nicki Aycox had me hooked...what a stunner! Check this out -

Overall, it gets my recommendation for a late night watch. And if you have teared yourself away from the picture above by now, interested yet? ;)

Old 09-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Aren't all found footage movies shot with a hand-held camera? Session 9 definitely wasn't.

Some of those broad shots of the entire facility were actually hand held footage the demon did when flying around. It's all a true story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 09-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
And Nicki Aycox had me hooked...what a stunner! Check this out -
I tend to watch almost anything with Nicki Aycox in it. She's hot and a pretty good actress. There is another good Maxim image from that photo shoot. I haven't seen Joy Ride 2 yet. It's on my list. But she's been in a bunch of horror things: Jeepers Creepers 2, Supernatural TV, and X-Files 2 which could be seen as horror the movie was so bad.

Species – The Awakening

I never really liked the Species series. Giger's designs were better used in Alien and Aliens. I barely remember the first two movies. I don't think I watched the third one. I only remember them for Natasha Henstridge. Although, The Secret Circle is probably the best show she's been in. I watched Species - The Awakening because I saw Helena Mattsson in the credits. She is pretty good in Nikita. But the movie is a mess. It took me three days to get through it. If I knew it was a Sci-Fi movie I would have passed. The cinematography is ok showing a seedy Mexican town. The actresses are pretty. But there's no real horror or substance here.