Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-10-2010, 07:18 PM
the Frostbrood Vanquisher

Hitler was a political genius and colossal fuck up all in the same nutshell.
The worst mistake anybody ever gave birth to since Justin Beiber.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Masoch's mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfondoXxRosso View Post
Hitler was a political genius and colossal fuck up all in the same nutshell.
I don't think he was a genius-he surrounded himeslef with people who made him look good. He was just a good propagandist.
Anyone with half a brain wouldn't have tried to fight a war on two fronts at the same time- If he had known his history, he would have realised it failed miserably for Napoleon before him. Also who, with anysense invades Russia in the bloody winter?:rolleyes:
Old 08-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Justin Bieber is 16, not 122...
Old 08-10-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastet View Post
I don't think he was a genius-he surrounded himeslef with people who made him look good. He was just a good propagandist.
Anyone with half a brain wouldn't have tried to fight a war on two fronts at the same time- If he had known his history, he would have realised it failed miserably for Napoleon before him. Also who, with anysense invades Russia in the bloody winter?:rolleyes:
Politics and war is two different things. Hitler made some massive mistakes during the war, yes, but that doesnt dismiss him as a political genius. He was one of the most ingenious politicians that ever existed. He was born for the world of politics.

He is also the first to use the use of aircraft to campaign.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Masoch's mistress

Quote:
Politics and war is two different things. Hitler made some massive mistakes during the war, yes, but that doesnt dismiss him as a political genius. He was one of the most ingenious politicians that ever existed. He was born for the world of politics.

He is also the first to use the use of aircraft to campaign.
I agree, the Luftwaffe were awsome. But the genius bit we may have to agree to dissagree on. I think he was-at the start at least-just the right man in the right place. How else would a country embrace a failed painter?
Old 08-10-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastet View Post
I agree, the Luftwaffe were awsome. But the genius bit we may have to agree to dissagree on. I think he was-at the start at least-just the right man in the right place. How else would a country embrace a failed painter?
Not many people that can convince an entire country to elect a man that can bring about changing the entire government of Germany. He knew how to play situations to his advantage and he always did, and thats what politics is all about.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Masoch's mistress

Quote:
Not many people that can convince an entire country to elect a man that can bring about changing the entire government of Germany. He knew how to play situations to his advantage and he always did, and thats what politics is all about.
I do agree with you on one level, but Hitler was a charismatic person and was groomed for his position-he didn't get there of his own accord. things went tits up when he started to use his own beliefs and hatred to engineer the fate of a nation, Rather than trying to serve them x
Old 08-10-2010, 09:10 PM
That fucking Guy...

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks this thread is a deliberate attempt at poor taste so that someone can have an excuse to whine about their right to freedom of speech and topics being "trampled", or how "it's in the right area" and you're being targeted as a new arrival?
More obvious trolling, shit stirring antics.
I mean, come on, the guy didn't even correctly spell the name of the person who claimed he had so much interest in.
...and if by some small chance it's for real, that's fucking great.
Yet another mental case to bring an overall further negative view the "general population" horror community and potentially the site specifically.
Just like the fuckers who still go on about how much a visionary genius Manson was, when you act like you're glorifying this kind of subject matter it goes over the line...there's something wrong with you, end of story.
"The one I like best..." Get real, you fucking deadshit.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:30 AM

Military Channel - Battleplan :P

Last edited by ProfondoXxRosso; 08-14-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo View Post
It can be argued that many were insane, but many were of above average intelligence and calculated the murders they committed to a tee.
What's unbelievable to me is that prior to the Holocaust, many of the Nazi members were good people, but when Hitler rose to power, he amplified all of their secret desires to murder. This led to them having concern towards the Jews the same way they'd worry about rocks. These were otherwise rational, kind folks who had their thoughts corrupted by an evil ideology of hate. Hitler's speeches instilled an insane hatred for Jews, and this was the framework for how they could bring about so many deaths and not have it on their conscience - Of course it's obvious they were deranged for doing this, but we've also gotta look at all the misery that compounded their craziness. Germany was pretty chaotic before WWII occured, and seeing as Hitler rescued their economy, they felt more justified in adopting his views.