Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Minion

Yeah I didn't like 1000 Corpses too well. FVJ was a good time though I love that movie haha.

I wanna see White Noise.

I saw The village that movie sucked ass. I mean it was ok but it was that good. My mom and I went to see it and we figured out the story half way though the movie.

I don't really like Shamalan's (or w/e) movies Except for the 6th sense.

Pinhead-Hellraiser
Old 01-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Misanthrope

I found House of 1000 Corpses improved with repeated veiwings but that's probably not something you' want to do if you weren't really into it in the first place. Yeh! Freddy vs Jason was fun I'm glad someone else liked it. It seems to get dissed all the time on here. Yeh the Village sounds like it'll be on my wait till its on TV list. The Sixth Sense was cool when it came out, I saw Unbreakable on TV the other night it had some pretty cool ideas in it.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Minion

Yeah FVJ wasnt bad at all.

I never seen unbreakable but it looked good

Pinhead-Hellraiser
Old 01-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Motherfucker...learn that it's not about having good or bad taste, it's about your individuality. I HATED ginger snaps, and don't give half a fuck WHAT you thought of it. My opinion of the film doesn't invalidate yours....and it SHOULD be likewise - so TRY and climb the fuck over yourself before you tell ME to get some taste, unless you want me to start calling you a fucking idiot for your own preferences.
This wasn't a personal attack on YOU either...I was just saying that I didn't like you assuming every single person in the world SHOULD have the same taste in movies as you.
You DID referr to one of the films I'd mentioned before you said "get some taste", so...was I wrong in assuming you were referring to ME, indirectly or otherwise?
For the record, I said "motherfucker" as a term of exasperation at what you had said, not to call you names...

Quote:
Fuck.... my post wasn't a personal attack at you. Grow up you fucking dipshit and don't take things so personally. It takes a real tough guy to call people motherfucker while hiding behind a computer screen.
- Seems like YOU'RE the one taking it personally...
Anyways, I'm over it, just thought I'd ATTEMPT to explain my point, take it or leave it.

As for F vs J, I didn't think it was shitty, as a matter of fact, I think the NOES series went downhill from #3 onwards (although 4 wasn't BAD), and IMO, this has been one of the better ones since, as far as it rates as a Jason film, I suppose it wasn't bad that way either...but it was really more on the NOES side of things if you ask me.
F vs J wasn't as GOOD as I thought it COULD HAVE been, but I still quite liked it.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:51 PM
Minion

Yeah next they should have pinhead vs jaws that would be sweet.......yeah not really

Pinhead-Hellraiser
Old 01-17-2005, 04:58 PM
Fascist Zombie

Send a message via AIM to TheOmen
There are far worse than any NOEs, F13THs and Halloweens.

1. 976-Evil....still the only movie I ever walked out on. (yes, I went to the theatre for it)
2. 13 ghosts ...horrible..how anyone likes this movie is beyond me
3. Scalps
4. Motel Hell
5. I STILL know....

Last edited by TheOmen; 01-17-2005 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Not-Banned

I knew some of you people more than others, would like hate Halloween III but Im sure you are very misunderstood or your just pretty much Pussi**.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nathan: Napoleon, give me some of your tots.
Napoleon Dynamite: No, go find your own.
Nathan: Come on, give me some of your tots.
Napoleon Dynamite: No, I'm freakin' starving! I didn't get to eat anything today.
Nathan: [kicks the tots]
Napoleon Dynamite: Ugh! Gross! Freakin' idiot!
Old 01-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Minion

Yeah I love H3. Used to hate it but as a horror movie it was really good.

Pinhead-Hellraiser
Old 01-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Banned

I have to agree on 976 evil, while I didn't hate it as much as any of those on MY top 6, I remember it being a stupid, trashy, very boring movie.

I didn't mind motel hell, although I thought it was pretty stupid - I think that was kinda the point with that one though.., it's just a certain "type" of horror movie - I put this one in the same league as Microwave massacre, and Crawlspace...all just "ok" kinda wierd, kinda funny...
Old 01-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Banned

The village
Jason x
House of the dead
resident evil 2
secret window

there are 5 recent ones...

i dont count low budget shit because its pointless ...
to me the badness of a film is in direct proportion to how much money was spent on it - who made it -etc. (i.e. they should have known better.) and how pissed i was during and after seeing it.
Each one of these above was a waste of my time ...
Stupid films.

if you are 12 and these are the first horror films you've seen then sure .. you might like them.
But if you've seen a number of them ... i cant understand why you would even consider them passable time wasters .. they were each an insult to the viewer.