Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Evil Dead

A Haunting In Connecticut

Madsen Experiences Haunting in Connecticut
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
May 15, 2007

Virginia Madsen will star in A Haunting in Connecticut, a supernatural thriller that Peter Cornwell is directing for Gold Circle, says The Hollywood Reporter.

"Haunting" tells the true story of a family forced to relocate near a clinic where their teenage son is being treated for cancer. There, they discover that the home they have rented is a former mortuary with a dark history that might account for the extraordinary manifestations of the boy's illness and the supernatural events that threaten the family.

Tim Metcalfe and Adam Simon wrote the screenplay. A late summer start is being eyed.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:47 AM
Shit Scared Since '71

Hmmm...could be good. I love a good haunting. Still have yet to see An American Haunting, though.

scottstories.wordpress.com
Old 05-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to LadyFrost Send a message via Yahoo to LadyFrost
.haunt.me.I.dare.you.

toXsick, I seriously suggest that you rent out An American Haunting, I saw it a while ago when I was in Canada and I really enjoyed it...the ending wasn't what I was expecting...I saw it coming but I didn't seirously think they would end it they way they did.

.scares.and.spooks.

phantomstranger sounds like an excellent and I'd really like to see this movie, it's exactly what I like to watch and write about. Thanks for the suggestion.

xxFrostyxx

Old 05-20-2007, 04:26 AM
No, fuck YOU

I found An American Haunting to be one of the worst horror movies i've seen in a very long time.

It keeps baffeling me everytime i see someone recommending it...

But i guess not everybody can have the same good taste in movies as I do.

For shame... :rolleyes: :cool:
Old 05-23-2007, 04:41 AM
Waste Disposer

I saw the trailer for this, it looked like alot of huff and puff.
But I would be interested to rent it one day.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Evil Dead

It Will Be Good!!!

There is already a biographical two hour special about that family (also titled A Haunting in Connecticut), and it was superb. I think it was on DSC but I can't be sure. It came out about two years ago and it is the creepiest real life hauting tale I've ever heard. Every second of it rang true, and the family members all seemed credible. All of them had their faces blacked out I think, and I could just tell they were not lying.

Seek out this TV special as a warm up for the feature film. You will NOT be sorry.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHH DREAMS author View Post
There is already a biographical two hour special about that family (also titled A Haunting in Connecticut), and it was superb. I think it was on DSC but I can't be sure. It came out about two years ago and it is the creepiest real life hauting tale I've ever heard. Every second of it rang true, and the family members all seemed credible. All of them had their faces blacked out I think, and I could just tell they were not lying.
I just saw this documentary and it left me with a few more questions than answers, like why the parents thought it would be better to have their son committed than to actually spend a few nights in their son's bedroom so they can see for themselves what was going on.

But I agree for a re-enactment it sure was spooky. Sometime subtlety is more frightening than all-out gore.

I looked up the movie which is currently out now and even though it has done well at the box office, the critics do not seem to like it. And it's gotten bad reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I found An American Haunting to be one of the worst horror movies i've seen in a very long time.

It keeps baffeling me everytime i see someone recommending it...

But i guess not everybody can have the same good taste in movies as I do.

For shame... :rolleyes: :cool:
I thought it was very good, though the "shock ending" is not so shocking these days.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff