Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Compilations and Pastimes
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Banned

HDC Horror Movie Draft Discussion & Sign Up Thread

HDC HORROR MOVIE DRAFT

Rules For Sign-Ups

- If you wish to participate in the horror draft please reply in this thread notifying that you wish to be on the draft.

- Once 8 or more members have signed up for the draft they will be placed in the other they will make their draft picks in.

Rules For Drafting

- Starting with #1 each player will choose a film when it is their turn in this format:

Movie Title (Year) Director

- Once the last player has selected their movie it will end the round and that same player will select again for the next round and the drafting order will go in reverse from the previous round. For example, the player who chooses first in round 1 will choose last in round 2 but then choose first in round 3.

- Each player will be given 12 hours to make their choice once it is their turn. If you miss your turn you will be skipped. If you miss 3 turns you will be removed from the game.

- If you think it might become your turn when you are unable to login and make your pick for a round you may PM your pick to someone on the forum to post your pick on your behalf.

- If you are the last to choose in a round you will still be given 12 hours for each round. If you miss the first round you will then be given the 12 hours for the next round but may only choose for the current round.

- For anyone who misses round you may make up the rounds you missed after round 10 of drafting in the order in which you missed.

Voting Rules

- Once drafting is complete all players will be broken into matches of 2 where the members of the forum will vote on the films on a scale of 1-5 or by leaving a n/a if you have not seen a film.

- Each film that is drafted will have a link (if applicable) in a separate thread for your convenience so you may catch up and vote more accurately.

- If the match is yours do not vote in it.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Lets try to have fun this time guys!

Last edited by Morningriser; 11-11-2015 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:21 PM
Banned

Players

Morningriser
Martha
Repo'd
DeadBeatAtDawn
Sculpt
roshiq
hammerfan
Roifallo

Last edited by Morningriser; 11-11-2015 at 07:43 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:11 PM
病気の

May I join?
Old 11-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Banned

yeah, anyone can join
Old 11-10-2015, 02:33 PM
病気の

I just want to say one thing..I never pick popular mainstream movies. I never win these. I don't care about winning. : ) I pick films as recs. Maybe one or two of my opponents will see something different or be interested in my choices...that's what I like. If I can introduce you to something new, I win. I don't care if I have all H/S. It's fine. I love the drafting process and I love seeing themes someone may choose and getting to know what films everyone adores. It may sound stupid but this is what I do. : )
Old 11-10-2015, 02:47 PM
Banned

same thing with me. A lot of my picks people hadn't seen either. This time as someone picks a film I will look for it online and see if I can find a place they can watch it legally and then link it to a thread here on the forum.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:48 PM
Banned

Come on guys, we need 4 more to get it started.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:30 PM
ventricle

I'll play.

Say, why do we need to list the director? I would think name & year is suffice to avoid confusing 2 films. You know... that you're aware of, in the history of horror films, has there ever been 2 films with the exact same name, to be released the same year?

As host, what's your opinion on how to rate a film if someone saw part of a film?

Old 11-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
I just want to say one thing..I never pick popular mainstream movies. I never win these. I don't care about winning. : ) I pick films as recs. Maybe one or two of my opponents will see something different or be interested in my choices...that's what I like. If I can introduce you to something new, I win. I don't care if I have all H/S. It's fine. I love the drafting process and I love seeing themes someone may choose and getting to know what films everyone adores. It may sound stupid but this is what I do. : )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
same thing with me. A lot of my picks people hadn't seen either. This time as someone picks a film I will look for it online and see if I can find a place they can watch it legally and then link it to a thread here on the forum.
I think there may have been 3 or 4 movies I hadn't seen from the last draft. And that's including all of the lists. I'm old, I've watched horror since I was 5, and when I haven't seen one,my curiosity won't allow it to go unwatched for long. I say, BRING THAT SHIT!!!
Old 11-10-2015, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I'll play.

Say, why do we need to list the director? I would think name & year is suffice to avoid confusing 2 films. You know... that you're aware of, in the history of horror films, has there ever been 2 films with the exact same name, to be released the same year?

As host, what's your opinion on how to rate a film if someone saw part of a film?
I guess it isn't necessary but it just helps with better referencing the films. I would prefer to keep it as it is because there are sometimes multiple films with the same name and for some people listing the year alone could confuse them.