Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-01-2008, 07:26 AM
Nightbreed

Wildstorm's Friday the 13th series

I have to say that I'm so glad that Wildstorm has been putting out new comics with Jason and our Friday the 13th family. Most of the stories take place at no specific time in the series. Probably between movies. The stories are great, and Jason is Jason, and I love Jason.

They've also picked up the Freddy vs Jason franchise a bit. They're currently on issue 5 of 6 in their Freddy vs Jason vs Ash series. I've been following along since issue 1 and it's pretty interesting. A little slapstick at times, but all in all, not a bad story.

Wildstorm has also picked up A Nightmare on Elm St, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre, they're good stories too, check them out.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Evil Dead

This was covered by most of our comics reading "community" here, eg:

Quote:
Has anyone read the Friday the 13th comics - I've seen them about and flicked through them, but haven't actually read any of them.
There has been quite a few throughout the ages, all from different companies.
The one's I've found most impressive are the latest ones from a company called Wildstorm who has just finished a 6-issue run of a story set sometime after the "modern day" films. Quite good...reading through felt a lot like one of the movies.
Other than that, they've more recently did a few more
"Pamelas tale", and "How I spent my summer vacation", both prequels about Pamela, and Jason.
They don't just throw jason in a shitty bloody bunch of comics as I've seen certain companies do before (jason vs leatherface by topps comics was ridiculous), they show respect for the series and background stories, and work their own into there. This current run of f13 stuff by wildstorm, I'd reccomend to a fan of the movies, the stuff from the past....get into at your own risk and expense.

Wildstorm has also recently done some TCM and NOES comics this/last year...again, some of the best movie tie-in stuff I've seen in ages.
...But agreed, and thanks for the input.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:10 AM
Nightbreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
This was covered by most of our comics reading "community" here, eg:

...But agreed, and thanks for the input.
Do you have a link to the thread? I'd like to see what some others have to say, and continue this convo in a more appropriate place.

Thanks Phalanx
Old 03-04-2008, 04:35 AM
Evil Dead

A fair bit of discussion has popped up here and there in the "last read comic" thread, including that.