Old 03-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Oh man, that's awesome. Definitely catch that show. They're great live, especially if they have the Pontani Sisters on stage with them.
Where's the show?
They're playing the World Cafe Live here in Philly, which is a great place to see a show. It's pretty intimate, has nice acoustics, and fairly cheap (tix are $20). I don't know if the Pontani sisters are playing with them, but I'll have a good time no matter what.

Listening to more cover versions ...

GREAT interpretation! They give the song a frenetic type of jazz feel, and it works.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of gore View Post
iv only heard them on a few complimations,but that was fuckin ace!!!
You should definitely get there Misfits tribute, they're music is much more enjoyable then the Nutley Brass. I liked their misfits covers, but after a few listens, the novelty wears off.

Listening to...

The term "sell-out" is really misused. A lot of the times, it's not even warranted. I heard Bob Dylan was called a sell out because he had the audacity to play an electric guitar. While I'm not a big dylan fan, I don't think his playing a telecaster, qualifies him as a sell-out (He's a sell-out for doing TV commercials). Sugar Ray on the otherhand..... they're the epitome of the term sell-out. It disgusts me to even think about what they became. They went from this song to making silly, non threatening pop music in the course of two albums.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:04 PM
mostly ghostly?

Old 03-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Banned

Old 03-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Misanthrope

Old 03-27-2012, 12:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
the hardcore people i know listen to this alot i never really listend to it coz i thought it would be just like all the other new hdc crap they listen too but i quite like it .its more like ghb 7 seconds minor threat and all those old hdc bands i actually like
Old 03-27-2012, 12:58 AM
Misanthrope

Yeah their first few EPs rule. Not really a fan of their later stuff where they ditched that sound and got long winded and boring.

-----------

Been listening to these guys a bit this week. They do WAY to many covers but have some killer stuff that still holds up well.

Followed it up with some Tripod Jimmie:

Old 03-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Evil Dead

Probably my favorite group of the 90's:

Old 03-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Misanthrope

Helmet aren't too bad but I've never really big huge on them their albums always went on a bit to long for me. I've got Betty on LP and must say I've been digging it tho. Got the 12" single of Unsung... I wouldn't mind picking up Meantime on LP I think that's the one I'd enjoy the most these days. Didn't have enough cash to see them live last year which was a shame.

--------------

Had the new Unsane album on today second spin and it's growing on me. Hasn't totally blown me away like Visqueen did but there's some fucking good tunes on it. The Flipper cover is great.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Helmet aren't too bad but I've never really big huge on them their albums always went on a bit to long for me. I've got Betty on LP and must say I've been digging it tho. Got the 12" single of Unsung... I wouldn't mind picking up Meantime on LP I think that's the one I'd enjoy the most these days. Didn't have enough cash to see them live last year which was a shame.
I can dig what you're saying about Helmet going on a little too long. For me, Strap it On, is a lot like that. I don't even like the entire 2nd side of the LP.
I saw them live 3 years ago at this little jazz club here in Philly, which shocked the hell out of me, because up until then, I had only seen them in much larger clubs. They didn't play as loud as they used to, the only member I recognized was page Hamilton. and it was sort of depressing. Made me feel old.

Listening to....

Strange, yet one of the only decent covers of a bad Brains song I know of.

Tags
ear candy