Old 05-21-2013, 11:57 PM
For Vendetta

Avoid. Those who blind-bought it, toss it into the garbage straightaway. You can thank me later.

½
Old 05-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Evil Dead

The Corridor

What a crazy movie, I still am trying to figure it out. This one is worth buying.

4.5/5
Old 05-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

Avoid. Those who blind-bought it, toss it into the garbage straightaway. You can thank me later.

½
But it has Monica Keena. She always turns in funny bad performances. The movie does sound like a SyFy deal on imdb.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:18 AM
For Vendetta

Decent enough until they tried to pull off a Se7en-esque twist at the end. And the post-climax sequence was just awful. Watch if you have nothing else to see.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:30 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommywikkid View Post

The Corridor

What a crazy movie, I still am trying to figure it out. This one is worth buying.

4.5/5
Glad you liked it; I thought I was alone in liking this movie. Good little indie horror flick.

Also - V - Thanks for the heads up on Dark Skies. Looking forward to that one.

Grave Encounters 2 (2012)

ROSHIQ! I FINALLY saw it!! :-P

LOL - I was actually really entertained by this movie for the first 3/4ths of it (ok, fine, roll your eyes now) - Good gimmicks with the hand-held camera and I actually really liked the meta approach of a team going in to prove that the first movie was real (though, to be quite honest - If I truly believed that the first movie was real and corporeal ghosts haunted the halls of the asylum, I WOULDN'T WANT TO GO IN THERE. But that's just me).

Ultimately, though, the end was really awful and it dragged on. Also, no real new ground here but I really appreciate the effort - There was an attempt to bring it somewhere slightly new.

Hollow (2011)

Bad pacing and very little scares. A whole not of nothing, really.

Cold Prey 2 (2008)

These movies are really solid modern slashers. I highly recommend watching them back-to-back. The director creates a believable and horrifying boogeyman, very much influenced by Halloween/Mike Myers, and equally as threatening. Recommended for genre fans.

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)

Love the cast, especially Aubrey Plaza and Mark Duplass. I needed a nice little indie movie and this fit the bill. Really cute.

Mama (2013)

In a word: Disappointed. I thought that the first 1/3 of the movie was very good; I liked to see Jamie Lanister outside of being the King Slayer (heh - Geek insides showing), and I thought that Mama was genuinely threatening... However...

[SPOILERS]

--- Dude. The youngest girl couldn't sleep in a bed and was eating bugs - THERE IS NO WAY SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN RELEASED FROM THE HOSPITAL.
--- The doctor bothered me with whatever evil sub plot, purposefully ambiguous research he had - It was just unbelievable to me.
--- I had a hard time sympathizing for the girlfriend because she was just really bitchy to the girls; I know that she was taking care of them for her comatose Jamie Lanister but she was just mean to them - Made the scenes where she connected with her to be a bit unbelievable.
--- The ending was just awful. Awful. I'm really not a fan of ghosts that can be satiated, but I would have been happier if Mama had taken her dead baby corpse... Instead the particularly ANNOYING child called out and was taken away (which I honestly didn't care about but regardless it was soooo dissatisfying).

[/SPOILERS]

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 05-23-2013, 11:41 AM
HDC's old chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Mama (2013)

In a word: Disappointed. I thought that the first 1/3 of the movie was very good; I liked to see Jamie Lanister outside of being the King Slayer (heh - Geek insides showing), and I thought that Mama was genuinely threatening... However...
So, I should take it out of the queue and not bother?
Old 05-23-2013, 06:46 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
I enjoyed it a lot up until the end. Very creepy. Reminded me of a really freaky fairy tale.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:02 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
Honestly, quite a few people on here liked it (I think that Villain said he did?), so it can't hurt to give it a chance. I guess I had high expectations and the ending didn't click with me at all.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post

Cold Prey 2 (2008)

These movies are really solid modern slashers. I highly recommend watching them back-to-back. The director creates a believable and horrifying boogeyman, very much influenced by Halloween/Mike Myers, and equally as threatening. Recommended for genre fans.
I thought the first one was pretty good. Not perfect but far better than most modern horror movies. I wish Fear Net would put this up already. I might have to rent it sooner than later.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Corpse Wolf

I enjoyed Mama, but ya, I know what you mean about being dissapointed by it. I couldn't stop myself from making kingslayer jokes the ENTIRE movie though. Makes it all worthwhile IMO.

And one more thing, is Fritt Vilt up on netflix? There are no more video rental places near me anymore so finding shit is tough work. About a billion redboxes near me but definitely have exhausted that resource. Just saying, need more vespene gas if you know what I mean.

Last edited by _____V_____; 05-24-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Back-to-back posts.

Tags
movie