Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-06-2010, 06:47 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
If you dig Lord Of The Rings the story is amazing.

But yea.... they sure talk a lot..

Been playing it for 14 hours now. They still talk. :eek:

Reminds me a lot of the final fantasy games. Especially the last one. Which i loved by the way. :)
The only Final Fantasy game I have is the Crystal Chronicles game that came out for the Gamecube... Adorable and love it.

Which was the last one? The online one?

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:03 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
The only Final Fantasy game I have is the Crystal Chronicles game that came out for the Gamecube... Adorable and love it.

Which was the last one? The online one?
The last one was FF XII for PS2.

I only play Playstation.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:04 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
The last one was FF XII for PS2.

I only play Playstation.
I have a Playstation 3, but I'm not sure it's backwards compatible. Which sucks because I really want to give FF a try.

I see FFXIII is coming out in March for 360 and PS3 - Have you heard anything about it?

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 01-08-2010, 08:19 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
I have a Playstation 3, but I'm not sure it's backwards compatible. Which sucks because I really want to give FF a try.

I see FFXIII is coming out in March for 360 and PS3 - Have you heard anything about it?

Nope, but i'm definitely gonna have it, no matter what.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:52 AM
No, fuck YOU

"Darksiders" PS3

Bad-ass intro and start.

The gameplay seems very "God of war"ish.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
"Darksiders" PS3

Bad-ass intro and start.

The gameplay seems very "God of war"ish.
It does hash that Devil May Cry/God of War free swinging combat together though it's sense of world design and progression harkens back to the SNES style classic 3rd person RPGs that were so popular in the wake of Zelda.

It didn't think it was half bad, though I am not a puzzle solving man at heart and towards the end it feels as if I am just going from one eleaboratly designed puzzle to the next hoping for something to fight.

Quote:

FFXii is definetly backwards compatible with the the PS3 I run it on mine without a problem. It made some really positive deviations from the formula in terms of combat and is not without it's charms. Additionally it has Balthier in it who is like what I imagine the lovechild of James Bond and Han solo would be like, easily the best character born of the FF series since the chilling almost androgynous villian Sepiroth of FFVii.

Still it has much of the same problems as any FF game, overly self involved characters and plots mired in melodrama more then even I am comfortable absorbing. Not to mention the fact it still involves massive amounts of wandering around chipping away at enemies until your thumbs blister up.

Quote:
Just started Dragon Age: Origins... My GOD it takes a looooooooooooong time to get into... Still setting the story up, I'm afraid. :(

Combat leaves a bit to be desired; it seems clunky and slow (and, no, I don't think it's because of the weapon I'm wielding), and sometimes switching perspective just confuses things. Controls are a little clunky too. I had read reviews that the 360 was the weakest version. I wonder if that's where the problems lie.
I enver found this, many have talked about it being cumbersome and overly difficult nevertheless I found the learning curve smooth as silk, and by the time I was fighting large groups of difficult enemies I was switching characters setting up backstabs and throwing down bad ass magic like a pro. What origin story did you choose?

Ahhh alas the curse of being so many miles away, was I closer I'd just come over to your house sit you down teach you all the tricks and watch intrigued as to how your version of the story played out. There is certainly some compelling moments and characters in the game I do encourage you to "tough it out" so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
Got three on the go, all of which are amazing.

Modern Warfare 2 - Getting better at Xbox Live. This is the first COD game I've played.
Left 4 Dead 2 - See my review in the L4D2 thread
Batman: Arkham Asylum - Totally blew me away. Despare recommended this to me a while back and I am plowing my way through it. Gameplay is like a better version of Prince of Persia, characterization, storyline, graphics and scenery are completely Gotham.
Batman AA was freaking AWESOME. Did you see the teaser for the sequel ferret? Looks like they are going to open up the city for the Dark Knight! I swear to god the thought of it almost makes me squee llike a incy child in excitement.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:22 PM
horror gangster

Grand theft auto 4
Old 01-16-2010, 02:42 PM
EVIL CON CARNE

Siren Blood curse....not bad
Old 01-16-2010, 05:40 PM
That fucking Guy...

Brain Age 2 - TRY to play it daily.
I got down to 26 in my last check, 29 in the one after, ha, guess I had a bad day...though considering I'm not 29 quite yet, I'm good with it.

Mario VS Donkey Kong 2
Yknow, it's not a bad game...but I'm really annoyed with it to be honest, more annoyed with Nintendo that they didn't continue the main series as it was
eg: Donkey Kong gameboy, Mario VS Donkey Kong 1, where you ran around as Mario etc...anyone who's played 'em knows these games rocked...though in this one you have to click on little Mario Toys, press switches etc, to let them proceed safely through the levels...as I said while not a bad game, it feels more like a Lemmings title than anything - they should have just sold this one as a spin-off and continued the actual series with the title.

Scribblenauts.
Interesting. Pretty simple game...but deceptively difficult at times.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:48 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Absolutely fantastic...IMO this is probably the best Mario title since the NES games. Typically I'm not a big Wii fan, but this makes it totally worthwhile.