Old 01-28-2012, 09:21 AM
Eater of Heads

Movies that are actually scary

Hey guys. I'm looking to be scared. Maybe I'm just jaded, but horror films in general have no effect on me. I watch a good two or three before going to bed many nights and I sleep like a baby. When I say scared I don't mean grossed out, because it's much easier to gross me out than scare me. I want to have trouble going to sleep or have nightmares.

Film's that are on many most scary lists that don't do much for me: The Exorcist (I find it mostly funny), Psycho (waaaay too old to be scary for me), The Blair Witch Project (yawn and then LOL), Saw (am I the only person who said "oh please" instead of "omg!" at the end of this?) , Evil Dead (an awesome movie, but it's a horror comedy people), The Shining (I can't believe that people find this creepy or even interesting) etc. I can confidently say that nothing created before 1970 is going to have me shaking in my boots.

I want to be creeped out. Movies that have come close to doing this is Session 9, The Innkeepers, The Ring, The Grudge, Insidious, The Orphanage, Event Horizon, The Descent and The Tenant (1976). These movies have come close, but there's always something missing. Either they show too much or too little. Some of them start off good and then midway it turns too guy-in-blue-makeup-over-the-top to be scary. Supernatural things scare me more than people, and I like seeing less instead of more. I also favor realistic reactions to people barely reacting when something strange happens.

Is it even possible to be actually frightened by a movie? Any suggestions?
Life is just a dream. If we're lucky a nightmare. Dreams fade away, nightmares stick to your brain like peanut butter to the roof of an unsuspecting mouth. Horror speaks to what makes us human. Peanut butter speaks to what makes us hungry.

www.lifeafterundeath.com
Old 01-30-2012, 07:52 AM
Undead

Dude paranormal activity the first , maybe its not make you creep but its very nice //

if you want to frightened by another thing try to take video when you sleep and watch that later L :
Old 01-30-2012, 08:05 AM
Whip In My Valise

I can sense what's coming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvB1F2y6NgQ
Old 01-30-2012, 08:38 AM
HDC Idol

I feel like I've answered this a few times... Try these threads:

http://horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52651
http://horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34588
http://horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35098
http://horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26639
Old 01-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Eater of Heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofekbmi
Dude paranormal activity the first , maybe its not make you creep but its very nice //

if you want to frightened by another thing try to take video when you sleep and watch that later L :
Haha, thanks for the suggestion. I've seen Paranormal Activity, but found it on the long winded side. There's actually a ripoff of it called Paranormal Entity that I thought was a superior movie.

Thanks for taking the time to point out these threads. I appreciate it... though I've actually seen all of the movies mentioned in these threads.
Life is just a dream. If we're lucky a nightmare. Dreams fade away, nightmares stick to your brain like peanut butter to the roof of an unsuspecting mouth. Horror speaks to what makes us human. Peanut butter speaks to what makes us hungry.

www.lifeafterundeath.com

Last edited by GraveDave; 01-30-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:09 PM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

The House of the Devil
Old 02-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Love is like dying

try grave encounters, i jumped several times through that movie, plus some scary moments.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Banned

human centepide 1 or 2 ???
Old 02-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyMyers View Post
The House of the Devil
how was that movie,sore it at the shop last night looked interesting
Old 02-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Misanthrope