Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies

Old 01-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Evil Dead

Unhappy Don't remember if this has been a thread.

I don't recall this being a topic, but I'll post this just in case.

Are there any horror films that you like (even love) that most people either dislike or are completely obscure even to horror fans?

I've got one to mention: (edit: changed film and just kept it as one)

TCM 2. Not as frightening (or as good) as one, but rather funny and oddly quirky. I remember when me and a friend would do impressions of Dennis Hopper's "Tear it all down!"

Anyone else got a film that you enjoy despite differing opinions?

Last edited by ZombieDrone; 01-16-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Little Boo

Troll 2. I know, it's almost a bandwagon type movie and now that the whole of the internet hates/likes it, it's almost trendy to like/hate it. But I watched this at the age of 9 on it's many showings on HBO way back when, and it will always be charming to me. It's awful on so many levels but the charm is what does it for me. I've grown to like all of the actors that were involved, and the documentary "Best Worst Movie" is almost touching in a way.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:09 AM
From The Beyond

David Decoteau films e.g Voodoo Academy, I've Been Watching You, The Brotherhood Two, five, six and his recent Poe films (The Raven, The Pit and The Pendulum and The House Of Usher they are only for fans of his work ("I've been watching You"aka The Brotherhood being the film that got me into him) and aimed at a very NICHE market so I DON'T recommend them to the wider horror community. Though even I admit his efforts for The Puppetmaster sequels are best avoided even by Puppetmaster or Decoteau fans.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieDrone View Post

Are there any horror films that you like (even love) that most people either dislike or are completely obscure even to horror fans?

Not only already posted, but just a few threads down on the same page. Merging the two threads.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 01-26-2012, 09:25 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieDrone View Post

I've got one to mention: (edit: changed film and just kept it as one)

TCM 2. Not as frightening (or as good) as one, but rather funny and oddly quirky. I remember when me and a friend would do impressions of Dennis Hopper's "Tear it all down!"

Anyone else got a film that you enjoy despite differing opinions?
Why has Zombiedrone's thread been added to this when he asked a completely different question? WTF he was asking for films we "like(even love)" that others "hate" so now it looks like I'm dissing David Decoteau films instead of saying I like them! It was the exact opposite of this discussion! It isn't Zombiedrone's fault if people didn't actually read what he said. This should have been kept as a seperate thread. He did NOT ask "what are the biggest selling horror movies you hated".

Last edited by Fearonsarms; 01-26-2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-26-2012, 09:29 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Not only already posted, but just a few threads down on the same page. Merging the two threads.
No neverending it hadn't-please read Zombiedrone's post again-I just spent ages searching for the thread only to find it here in the wrong discussion. I was looking forward to reading about obscure horror that people LIKE not HATE as in this thread can the thread please be restored?

Last edited by Fearonsarms; 01-26-2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: added request for thread to be restored
Old 01-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Cranky

You're right. Major error on my part. It's too late to restore it. If either of you want to start it again, I'll leave it alone this time.

Sorry.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 01-26-2012, 10:40 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
You're right. Major error on my part. It's too late to restore it. If either of you want to start it again, I'll leave it alone this time.

Sorry.
Ok no worries easily fixed-since zombiedrone started the thread it's best if he has the opening post (unless he wants me to do it in which case I will next time I'm here) then I'll copy and paste my post.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:41 AM
For Vendetta

You are welcome. ;)

NOTE FROM MOD - Thread restored along with original title. Please carry on. :cool:
Old 01-26-2012, 10:43 AM
From The Beyond

Oh ok thank you loads V-ignore my post above hadn't realised it was restored when I made post :)