Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 07-17-2018, 03:24 AM
Undead

Cool Coke VS Pepsi: Drinks in Horror Movies

Summertime. Cold drinks are the thing these hot days, specially in Hell. So pick your favorite soda can and enjoy the ultimate battle between Pepsi and Coca Cola in Horror Movies.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:12 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I see Coke and Pepsi posters in a lot of old movies (not just horror movies), especially when there is a scene in a diner.

Personally I like coca cola products best, but I can't drink as much soda these days as I used to.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:57 AM
Banned

Coke, with that said, there is a whole section here for these sort of threads called "Compilations and Pastimes" for future reference.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:33 PM
ventricle

Coke! And no to high fructose corn syrup! Did you know Coke was made with real sugar until 1980? Go back to sugar, Coke!

Old 07-17-2018, 07:35 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Coke! And no to high fructose corn syrup! Did you know Coke was made with real sugar until 1980? Go back to sugar, Coke!
It was also made with cocaine. Just sayin
Old 07-17-2018, 11:40 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
It was also made with cocaine. Just sayin
I thought that was urban legend.

Anyway, I prefer Pepsi. It was always sweeter to me. Even more so if you shake it up a bit. Coke was stronger. I do like Cherry Coke though. Or did. I haven't had either one for years. I try to stay away from sugar water. Both of those companies have branched out in case anyone decides to quit that stuff. They make bottled water, teas, fruit juice, and other stuff to get your money if you quit their sugar water.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:26 AM
That fucking Guy...

While I actually prefer the flavour of Pepsi...strangely enough I usually grab a Coke on autopilot.

To be honest neither of them are great representations of COLA.
"Cheap" brands taste far closer to the mark.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:41 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cocaine-coca-cola/

https://amp-livescience-com.cdn.ampp...rom%20%251%24s

According to these two websites it's true. Plus this was in the 1800's and they didn't exactly have the kind of laws to regulate what went into products like we do now.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 07-18-2018 at 05:43 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:31 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post

Anyway, I prefer Pepsi. It was always sweeter to me. Even more so if you shake it up a bit. Coke was stronger. I do like Cherry Coke though. Or did. I haven't had either one for years. I try to stay away from sugar water. Both of those companies have branched out in case anyone decides to quit that stuff. They make bottled water, teas, fruit juice, and other stuff to get your money if you quit their sugar water.
Yes, to me Coke has much more flavor, and Pepsi is probably sweeter, which I don't want. I used to enjoy Pepsi, but not anymore. In fact if I'm in the mood for a Coke at a restaurant, and they only have Pepsi, I'll order water instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cocaine-coca-cola/

https://amp-livescience-com.cdn.ampp...rom%20%251%24s

According to these two websites it's true. Plus this was in the 1800's and they didn't exactly have the kind of laws to regulate what went into products like we do now.
I see Coke's recipe is a strictly guarded secret. Wiki reads, "The primary taste of Coca-Cola is thought to come from vanilla and cinnamon, with trace amounts of essential oils, and spices such as nutmeg."

Old 07-19-2018, 04:48 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
While I actually prefer the flavour of Pepsi...strangely enough I usually grab a Coke on autopilot.

To be honest neither of them are great representations of COLA.
"Cheap" brands taste far closer to the mark.
What would constitute a real COLA to you?

I was researching to see if Coke or any cola actually had Kola Nut in it, and apparently it's unknown. Kola Nut is used for its caffeine, which experts say actually has flavor to it (caffeine itself), but I read Kola Nut (and cocoa leaves) has a bitter taste, and it's unlikely any Kola Nut flavor is in Western colas. As a posted above, I read the primary traditional taste of cola is vanilla, cinnamon and citrus.

Coke used to have Kola Nut and cocoa leaf extract, and may now, but it's unknown and doubtful.

Speaking of other brands, I read this post, "I actually just picked up a 6 pack of organic Blue Sky soda from Big Lots the other day and it contains natural kola nut flavouring, and it's manufactured on the U.S. so you may be able to find it at other stores. It's the first I've ever heard of the nut."

Last edited by Sculpt; 07-21-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Tags
battle, coke, drinks, horror, pepsi