Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-26-2011, 06:20 PM
For Vendetta

Low-brow, campy stuff which is actually quite entertaining. Combine that with the immensely hot Heather Thomas and you can't go wrong with an 80s actioner.

What say, guys? ;)

Old 12-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

What say, guys? ;)
Daaaaaayyyyyuuuuuummmmm :eek: :p

Looks like a good watch will have to check it out.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Evil Dead

Aweekend of holiday cheer:

"The Polar Express" (2004)
"A Christmas Carol" (1984, George C. Scott . My personal favorite version of the Dickens classic)
Old 12-27-2011, 05:29 AM
Evil Dead

Watched 'Attack the Block' for the first time after I went in theatres. My family seemed pretty bored by it, but I like it.

I would've liked the make-up of the group to not be kids, as I can't help but think the main reason for the low body count is that they didn't want to show a bunch of kids getting killed lol. Also, I wished the aliens had a little more screentime, but all in all, I like it.

Plus, anything the 'Spaced' crew touches is, generally, solid gold.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:48 PM
HDC Idol

Gentlemen Broncos (2009)

Weird, quirky little comedy. While it definitely imitates the midwest slack-jawed, deadpan humor of Napoleon Dynamite at times, which was a little distracting, but with great characters and great actors and a fantastically bizarre and hilarious parallel pulp scifi story, this turned out to be a really fun movie to watch. I think that if you were ever a fan of scifi pulp novels, you'll like it especially (my boyfriend was and he did).

Not a perfect movie and I do think that it ran a little long, but I really enjoyed it.

Recommended, especially if you're looking for a quirky character piece with a bizarre scifi pulp edge.

3.5/5.

Night of the Comet (1984)

This has got to be one of my absolute favorite post-apocalyptic horror movies. I love the humor, I love the fact that you have one seriously badass female lead (played by the gorgeous Catherine Mary Stewart).

If you're a horror fan and haven't seen this movie yet, you really need to.

4/5.

Hot Fuzz (2007)

I absolutely love this Simon Pegg/Nick Frost homage to the buddy cop genre. Just as with Shaun of the Dead, I think that this was excellent directed, written, and acted. It's hilarious, smart, and also had some really great action sequences. Definitely a movie I can watch over and over again... And have.

One of my absolute favorites.

4.5/5.

Bagdad Cafe (1987)

Wonderfully weird and charming character piece. I had seen it YEARS ago and didn't really remember much of it other than that I liked it. Glad I watched it again - Cute, odd, little movie about love, friendship, magic, and a roadside cafe.

3/5.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 12-28-2011, 12:48 AM
GoreWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddy View Post
The Devils (1971)

I've heard a lot about The Devils throughout the years, but nothing I heard about it could prepare me for the experience of seeing it.

Visually this film is a constant barrage of the most perverse and striking imagery imaginable. It paints a savage portrait of pain and suffering. The entire design of the film is absurd and over the top, the sets are outlandish and reflect the insanity of that period of time.

A scathing review of the disturbing potentialities of organized religion, The Devils is unlike any film I've ever seen. Endlessly disturbing and hallucinatory. A spectacle of atrocity and intolerance.

10/10
I'll be getting a hold of that tonight then.

My signature .gif is from a short film put out by fewdio.com. Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z6xGU2_g9s

Last edited by _____V_____; 01-05-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:26 AM
Love is like dying

i know it's cheesy but i watched saturday night fever, and still like this movie very much :)
Old 12-28-2011, 06:25 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by leezuki View Post
i know it's cheesy but i watched saturday night fever, and still like this movie very much :)

:D
Old 12-28-2011, 07:51 AM
Evil Dead

Don't Look Now.

That ending still disturbs me greatly...as does nude 1970's Donald Sutherland. It's a brilliant horror-mystery though and shows just what can happen when Europe's two most prolific countries when it comes to horror films (Britain and Italy) can accomplish when combined.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:02 AM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Bagdad Cafe (1987)

Wonderfully weird and charming character piece. I had seen it YEARS ago and didn't really remember much of it other than that I liked it. Glad I watched it again - Cute, odd, little movie about love, friendship, magic, and a roadside cafe.

3/5.
i love bagdad cafe, great little movie.

Last edited by _____V_____; 12-28-2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Removing quote of entire post, so that mobile internet surfers have it easy. Thanks.