Old 02-13-2005, 08:56 AM
Evil Dead

Re: Remakes

Quote:
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Aight...

So we got a remake of House of Wax (with Paris Hilton??), we got remakes of Amityville Horror, The Hills Have Eyes, The Fog... Got an adaptation of War of the Worlds, and a rumor of an Exorcist remake.

Is there any originality in Hollywood left? Comic book movies? Remakes and adaptations? Unnecessary sequels?
If you don't care for remakes...don't watch them. Keep in mind however, that there would be very few movies out there for you to see. They have been doing remakes from the beginning! Really consider this. If it wasn't for remakes, there wouldn't be Boris Karloffs' Frankenstein because T. Edison made it first. No Christopher Lee's Dracula because Bela Lugosi made it first. No John Carpenters The Thing, because it was a remake of one in the 50's. Think about it...very rarely does a completely original-never before heard of or seen movie get made. Spiderman was nothing more then a remake of a cheesy Made for TV movie/series from the 70's.

I say let them make all the remakes they want. I, for one, am glad that Hammer films remade Dracula. That Universal remade Frankenstein and that Carpenter remade The Thing. Sure, it's nice to see brand-new ideas come to the screen, but If that is all we watched, we wouldn't have the thousands of good films that we have now...would we?

They're not always good remakes, but I for one, enjoy watching them take an older movie, add new technology and more money and see what they can do with it. Compair The original Thing to the remake. While I really liked the original because it was good and is a classic, James Arness basically played a living carrot from space. John Carpenter took that old film and turned it into a one hell of a Sci-Fi/Horror film, with never before used special effects that nearly all horror buffs like.

I'll keep watching the remakes....thank you very much.

Last edited by Tat2; 02-13-2005 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sedated_replica Send a message via Yahoo to Sedated_replica
Quote:
Originally posted by IDrinkYourBlood
maybe members of this forum dont have any original idead for threads.
This is coming from a guy, who makes two threads for the same thing.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:20 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by Sedated_replica
This is coming from a guy, who makes two threads for the same thing.
So it has been established that IDrinkYourBlood is a guy? Cause Im still confused about that, lol
Old 02-13-2005, 05:08 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sedated_replica Send a message via Yahoo to Sedated_replica
I'm not sure either
Old 02-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
Quote:
Originally posted by The STE
I haven't had to do this to any non-spamming people ("noobs" count, I consider that whole folder spam) in a while, but

Fuck You

How many "Hollywood has no originality, they're just remaking and sequelizing and adapting everything!" threads do we REALLY need? Hey, they're remaking a lot of things, and making quite a few sequels, and adapting books and comic books, big fucking revelation. Next you'll tell me that, GASP, they're out to make money!
Right back at ya, buddy.
I can say whatever I want, if you think its been said before then just keep your mouth shut and let the folks who wanna reply do it.

Sorry you feel that way, but fuck you too.

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:54 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
Quote:
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Right back at ya, buddy.
I can say whatever I want, if you think its been said before then just keep your mouth shut and let the folks who wanna reply do it.

Sorry you feel that way, but fuck you too.
Yes, you're right, you can say whatever you want, even if it makes you look like a whiny moron. And I can say whatever I want in response. It works both ways.

And "keep your mouth shut and let the folks who wanna reply do it" is a huge contradiction, by the way

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE
Old 02-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Soundtrack to Rambo

:D horror.com is filled with the rudest people i have ever witnessed, ahh but who cares about all that garbage. i love me an ocasional remake movie, if infact the whole movie was shown and not leading to believe the sequal will be coming soon to a theater near us. i want a start, a middle, and an end. So , i dont recall any movie that's meeting these requirements. i dont think i like remakes.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:46 PM
Banned

Leave
Old 02-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
I have been in horror movie chat rooms and I will see about 4 or 6 people bashing remakes saying they all stink etc etc. Anyway I asked a couple of those chat room regs if they liked the 1931 Frankenstien movie with Karloff and I asked another chat room guy if he liked Dracula 1931 with Bela Lugosi and they said Hell yeah those movies rule!! Then I said those movies are Remakes. They must have been kids who didnt know when the 1st or original Frankenstien and Dracula movies were made. There are alot of very good remakes that some fans to this day think they are the originals. Now not all remakes are good and not all originals are good either. What matters is if the movie your watching is good it doesnt matter if its a remake or an adaptation or an original just as long as the movie is good.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:42 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Gojira
I have been in horror movie chat rooms and I will see about 4 or 6 people bashing remakes saying they all stink etc etc. Anyway I asked a couple of those chat room regs if they liked the 1931 Frankenstien movie with Karloff and I asked another chat room guy if he liked Dracula 1931 with Bela Lugosi and they said Hell yeah those movies rule!! Then I said those movies are Remakes. They must have been kids who didnt know when the 1st or original Frankenstien and Dracula movies were made. There are alot of very good remakes that some fans to this day think they are the originals. Now not all remakes are good and not all originals are good either. What matters is if the movie your watching is good it doesnt matter if its a remake or an adaptation or an original just as long as the movie is good.
I dare you to post something that doesn't contain a film made before 1960.