Old 12-21-2004, 07:58 PM
what evil lurks

Send a message via AIM to theshadow
no, i'm pretty sure my house is ok...although 2 people have died in it. no, i'd rather not know they're here.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:03 AM
The Dork Knight

i saw the teaser for batman begins and i got about all you're suppose to get out of a teaser which is knowlegde of the movie being made.

and i saw the trailers for white noise and it looked ok and michael keaton is in it so i'll probably go see it.

i also saw the assult on precint 13 and i think it looked great i'm definatlely going to see that.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:09 AM
The Dork Knight

also saw a teaser trailer of

War of the World it's a remake of a H.G. Wells movie from the 50's i think and it's being directed by Steven Spielberg and it stars Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning so i'm definately going to go see this one but it does'nt come out until summer next year.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:36 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by ChEEbA
Aren't humans supposed to be more scared of the UNKNOWN??
I know I sure am!

I know alot of people here think that Blair Witch was a shit movie, but for me it was terrifying because you never see exactly what the fuck is after them the whole time...

What my mind makes up freaks me out more than what I see on screen.

There was also a scene is Open Water where it was night so you could not see anything apart from when the lightning was flashing. But you could hear the couple screaming and crying as sharks were circling them... and then just an occasional glimps of the sharks fins around them when the lightning would flash... that was the scariest part of the movie for me. You don't know exactly what was happening to them... :(

Last edited by I_Still_Know!; 12-22-2004 at 04:38 AM.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:45 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Aren't humans supposed to be more scared of the UNKNOWN??
i agree with this because if you go and put your garbage out in the middle of the night or something like that and you hear something moving around in the bushes that might scare the hell out of you for a second but then you find out that it's just a cat or dog but before you found out that it was just a harmless animal it scared you however it could also be late at night and you see a guy walking across the street you might think to yourself ''i can kick his ass'' then he pulls out a 45 and blows your head off.
the point is that you can see something that you should be terrified of but you arent then you could hear or think about somehting that scares the hell out of you but it shouldnt even bother you cause it's really nothing.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Banned

Latest update - I cruised through apple trailers again, and here's some of the stuff I thought looked alright...

Just saw a trailer for a movie based on the Miller comic Sin City.
Stars Bruce Willis, Elijah Wood, Mickey Rourke and Jessica Alba among others.
Produced by Frank Miller himself and Robert Rodriguez...that could be a pretty good combination...
Check it out, it's done in an "interesting" style, it's clear that they're trying to make it look like a comic, very similar colour scheme to some of the comic itself too...I haven't really followed the comic so I don't know what to expect, but most of Millers stuff is meant to be good right?
Anyways, trailer at http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/sin_city.html

Pink Panther - OK, so the good news is it's not yet another remake, the plot thus far doesn't resemble ANY of the pink panther series. It actually looks pretty damn funny...
Stars Steve Martin, there seems to be an appearance by Kevin Kline, and he has a partner played by Jean Reno (who, if you've seen Les Visiteurs, you'll know to be quite a funny guy), I'll probably go and see this one myself...and yknow what? I wouldn't have thought so, but Steve Martin actually "kinda" pulls it off...
http://www.apple.com/trailers/mgm/the_pink_panther/

Unleashed
This one's from the guy who did The professional (Leon)...so just on that I'll probably see it.
Starring Jet Li, Bob Hoskins, Morgan Freeman.
I don't want to spoil ANYTHING, so go watch the trailer. All I will say is that it looks like one of the most interesting films to come out in a long time...pretty psycho looking indeed - y'all NEED to check out the trailer.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/indepe...unleashed.html

Also, I'm sure the following will be slightly noteworthy to SOME people even though not of great interest to me -
Teasers for both Bewitched, and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy are up also, on the main page http://www.apple.com/trailers/

Feel free to discuss.

- B.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Horror Fan

Re: Trailer Discussion

Quote:
Batman Begins
I know you guys have probably already seen the first "teaser" type thing that was out there, just letting you know there's an actual trailer now....shows Bruce in training, making equipment, and an actual appearance as Batman...
IMO - This is going to be as good as the Burton films, or at least, almost so.
Go check it out...
It can't top Schumacher's masterpiece "Batman & Robin".
Old 01-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
[B]Just saw a trailer for a movie based on the Miller comic Sin City.
Stars Bruce Willis, Elijah Wood, Mickey Rourke and Jessica Alba among others.

that is wild ... considering Bruce Willis started his career trying to be Mickey Rourke (the TV version) it will be interesting to see them in the same flick
Old 01-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Banned

Yes, and by the looks of it, they both have pretty major roles in the film too...
Seriously, go have a look at the trailer, this is gonna be a very different kind of comic based film.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Banned

Also saw a newer "Alone in the dark" trailer...looks kinda weird...I'm not sure which way this one'll go, it looks as though it has the POTENTIAL to be good, but also the potential to be suckful.
I'd hope it's good - I think it's one videogame tha COULD make for a pretty fucked up movie. I just wish someone would someday realise that there ARE gamers out there that are older than 15, and GODDAMNIT make a freakin' GOOD, SCARY movie outta one.

The trailer is on the abovementioned apple site as well.

I have to say again - If anyone reading this DOES go to the apple trailers site, PLEASE have a look at the trailer to UNLEASHED, I'm SO gonna see this film....

- B.

Tags
2016, 2017, buzzkill, cannibal, chicago, debbie, debbie and the devil, devil, horror, movie, official trailer, revenge, rings, samara is back, satan, scumbags, slasher, the devil, trailer