Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-22-2007, 11:01 AM
Evil Dead

Hated the first Cabin Fever. Nothing in that movie worked for me. No way I'll see this one.

Hostel was dumb, but enjoyable. Hostel 2 looks really fucked up. I may have to catch that one, but the only Eli Roth I'm looking forward to is his trailer for Thanksgiving in the Grindhouse event
Old 03-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Ninja Pirate..Hiiiyamatey

I actually liked the first one. Most people didn't, but I thought the whole shaving the skin off her legs thing made the rest of the movie worthwhile. A second one....at a prom....wow. I'm thinking I'll probably watch it on DVD then smack my head repeatedly into a wall to block the experience.

I'm with the people who've said that they keep expecting great things from Eli Roth, but he keeps falling short. I'm not sure why I'm on that boat, but I keep getting my ticket punched.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Listlessly Prattling

I enjoyed the first one. I'm starting to think that people held way too many expectations for it. I went in expecting a good dark comedy with over the top gore, and I got it. It's a movie best watched with mates whilst swigging the ale, in my opinion.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Eye Catching

I enjoyed Cabin Fever. I seen this film in the cinema, it was good to watch others squirm at some of the gore. I did however find the gore a bit over the top but in a funny way (is that just me). I openly laughed at this film while at the cinema resulting in some strange looks but overall not a bad film in my opinion. I will watch the second film but I can see it all going very wrong.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Scares Little Kids

if anyone is going to make it good, I think Ti West will. The roost was great, and his new film trigger man looks like it will be good. At least they didn't hire some hollywood hack and got someone young who might breath something new into the genre.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:53 AM
Evil Dead

Doh!Roth is not directing?oh well maybe it will be good then:p I have not seen any of Ti West's work so i will see it without prejudice.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Don't close your eyes

I saw Cabin Fever at the cinemas, what garbage. Next to The village it would have to be one of the worst films i have ever seen. Why people would actually put their time and effort into making a sequel is completely beyond me.:confused:
Old 04-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Can you dig it ?

God forbid Hollywood makes any horror movie with a shred of originality much less the potential to make a franchise series out of it no matter how lame. 'Cabin Fever' was uninspiring at best. Don't even get me started on 'Hostel'.
CK
Old 04-20-2007, 06:47 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to chaibill
Quote:
Originally Posted by stenchofdeath View Post
I saw Cabin Fever at the cinemas, what garbage. Next to The village it would have to be one of the worst films i have ever seen. Why people would actually put their time and effort into making a sequel is completely beyond me.:confused:
what was wrong with The Village?
DOG SOLDIERS
SAW, THE OTHERS

THE EXORCIST, 28 DAYS LATER, 28 weeks later
PSYCHO, FRIDAY THE 13th movie series
Martyrs, DAWN OF THE DEAD
Old 10-25-2009, 06:26 AM
For Vendetta

First ever look at some early art for the sequel to Eli Roth's groundbreaking indie film...

This Saturday the Screamfest Horror FIlm Festival will be hosting the west coast premiere of Lionsgate's Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever, which takes place 5pm at the Mann Chinese 6 theaters in Hollywood, CA.

Stars Noah Segan (The Brothers Bloom, Brick), Alexi Wasser (Factory Girl, “Dirt”), Giuseppe Andrews (Cabin Fever, 2001 Maniacs), Thomas Blake Jr. (The Passing) and Michael L. Nesbitt. (Mississippi Damned) will all be on hand. In the sequel, the killer virus comes out of the woods and has a date at the high school prom.

No official word on a DVD release yet.

In other news, rumors of writer/director Ti West disowning Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever, the long lost sequel to Eli Roth's breakthrough horror film from 2003, have cluttered the internet over the past few weeks. While the news first hit the web after the UK FrightFest screening last month, West was available at The House of the Devil press day to clear the air.

"Everyone has been asking me about this and the Internet is full of inaccuracies. Here's the deal," says West.

"I don't feel I deserve credit if CABIN FEVER 2 succeeds and by the same token I don't feel I deserve blame if it fails. I wrote the story and shot most of the footage, but it was completely re-edited and partially re-shot by the producers, editors and executives. The movie they are releasing was not really directed by me," West reveals.

"Since I am not a member of the DGA the use of a pseudonym has to be approved by the producers and Lions Gate felt that it would be too expensive to re-do the titles and would decrease the value of the final product. They denied my multiple requests to use "Alan Smithee" for my director credit and my name unfortunately remains on the film."

I don't have any animosity towards those involved. I believe they had good intentions, but filmmaking is very personal for me and I can't stand behind something I don't feel responsible for."

Last edited by _____V_____; 10-25-2009 at 06:48 AM.