Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-12-2009, 10:16 AM
For Vendetta

Moses - the movie

20th Century Fox has made a preemptive acquisition of a pitch to tell the story of Moses in "300" style.

The tale will start with his near death as an infant to his adoption into the Egyptian royal family, his defiance of the Pharoah and deliverance of the Hebrews from enslavement.

Peter Chernin will produce with Dylan Clark, who recently moved over from Universal to become president of Chernin’s Fox-based film company.

The script will be written by Adam Cooper and Bill Collage, who make this their followup to a high-level deal they made to reinvent Herman Melville”s “Moby Dick,” with a graphic novel feel, for director Timur Bekmambetov and producer Scott Stuber at Universal. That script is in, the extensive pre-visualization work is done. It could be Bekmambetov's next film, if "Wanted 2" doesn't come together first.

The Moses story will be told using the same green screen strategy as "300," so it will feel more like that pic or "Braveheart" than "The Ten Commandments,” the 1956 Cecil B. DeMille film.

The popular mythical and magical elements inherent in the Book of Exodus will be there--including the plagues visited upon Egypt and the parting of the Red Sea--but the Cooper & Collage version will also include new elements of Moses’ life that the writers culled from Rabbinical Midrash and other historical sources.

Cooper & Collage, who wrote the comedy "Accepted" before creating this new track into tent-pole re-tellings of classics, also scripted the latest draft of “Tower Heist,” which Brett Ratner will direct for Universal and Imagine.

Last edited by _____V_____; 10-12-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Oi vey.

Heh, did you see what I did there?

The Ferrets like it...
Old 10-13-2009, 03:20 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

'this is....the....10......commandments...'
Old 10-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Say No To Mental Health

I hope they leave the gore in. All Moses movies cut out before the good stuff. And I hope they do the part where God tries to kill him and his wife has to quickly circumcise their son. Awesome! Gave me nightmares!
Old 10-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Foxhole Atheist

The 11th commandment: Dont fuck with Moses

Dont think I'll being spending my hard earned pennies on seeing this

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac