Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-20-2013, 12:27 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Didn't hate it but thought it was disappointing and could've been a lot better.
Yep, shared.

Like I said though, the good news is that now Raimi is supposedly working on the next "real" sequel as his next project.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:10 AM
Artist, Cartoonist & Dude

It was my wife's turn to pick a movie from the old Netflix account. She chose Paranormal Activity 4. I'm not a huge fan of any of the movies in the franchise, but I'll watch them since my wife will watch movies I enjoy even if they're not her thing. I will say this though, the woman who has played Katie in all four films is freakin' HOT! :D
Old 07-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Ok.

Yes.
I also know that can indicate varying degrees of involvement.

Don't really give a fuck how they felt about it or not...I'm not about to hop on its dick just because they had their name involved with something that put some cash in their pocket.
I am not that much of a fanboy.
Drag me to Hell was more Evil Dead than this was.
Besides, I said the source material. Not them.
Changes are fine as is originality, though I personally think they took it and ran in the wrong direction.
You don't have to agree with me.
You think what you think about it, cool.
Like I said, I didn't hate it.

It served a good purpose whether I liked it that much or not, to show Raimi that his franchise could still float...seems like the first real news of his proposed sequel to AOD/ed4 has solidified since its release.

Incredible first poster for this.
Then we will have to disagree because that shit was the bomb, I'm not saying it is better than the original but I think it is just as good. I'm glad they took the comedy out of it and made it a more serious movie, I'm glad they gave a better explanation on how the book got there. Drag Me to Hell is shit compared to this new version of Evil Dead. I think the writers and director showed extreme respect for the source material and I know for a fact that Raimi and Campbell love the end product and that the original wasn't the movie they really wanted to make so it doesn't matter in the least whether you liked it or not. To each their own.

Here is what Raimi says about it. http://collider.com/sam-raimi-evil-d...rgeist-remake/

Last edited by Bob Gray; 07-20-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Evil Dead

Dark Reality

Took me 3 days to finish this bore fest, so these girls get abducted and thrown into a small room..what happens next? NOTHING
Old 07-20-2013, 07:45 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
I know for a fact that Raimi and Campbell love the end product
Again, spoken as though that validates what you're saying to you...it's like you don't think you can have a thought of your own without having to back it up in this way.

Quote:
it doesn't matter in the least whether you liked it or not.
Then stop feeling the need to champion the movie like you take personal offense to my opinion, and we can stop talking about it.

You liked it. I didn't. Said that in the first place.
I'm not trying to convince you to change your mind so any time you want to go ahead and drop this...

Last night I watched "Red".
I'd not bothered with this as I'd heard it was based on a miniseries by Warren Ellis that I'd read and quite enjoyed, and that they'd expanded the idea hugely into a completely different storyline.
I thought it looked ok, but was never really interested - I think I may have been fresh off seeing "wanted" which didn't really do it for me.
Though I saw a trailer of the second film...looked pretty good.

I grabbed the first one, and I actually quite enjoyed it...it might be one of my favourite Bruce Willis outings in some time.
Deliberately over the top in both scenario and characters, but the end result was something actually enjoyably entertaining, and fun.
Yes, it's a far cry from the comic I read a few years ago...only really the first five minutes were related at all, the rest was a completely new storyline - this is an example of this done well, unlike a few other films I've seen fail at the same.

It's a fun ride. Great cast. Decent storyline. Funny.
While it's still fresh in the mind off first viewing I'd probably give it an 8/10.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 07-20-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:36 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
I know for a fact that Raimi and Campbell love the end product and that the original wasn't the movie they really wanted to make so it doesn't matter in the least whether you liked it or not.
Well they aren't going to say a movie they produced is bad are they? :D
Old 07-22-2013, 03:56 AM
HDC's old chick

Django Unchained

Way too long. And I keep forgetting how much Quentin Tarantino loves gore and blood. I didn't dislike it, but I don't think I'll watch it again.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

The Man With The Iron Fists
Pretty much what I figured it would be, over the top martial arts. The ending seemed a bit quick and being RZA's project it's got a few spots of Rap/Hip-Hop music which automatically makes me want to skip those scenes, but most of it was entertaining. I don't know that I'd ever feel the need to watch it again though.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Well they aren't going to say a movie they produced is bad are they? :D
I understand what you're saying but I really don't see Raimi or Campbell putting money into something they felt disrespected their original vision. Like I said though, to each his own, I loved it you didn't, no big deal.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
Watched Miami Connection a few nights ago. Loved it.

Tags
movie