Old 02-03-2013, 11:09 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Harold's Going Stiff (2011)

Highly recommended; particularly to our HDC veterans...NE, Newb, Doc Faus, Hammerfan, __V__, CG, Ferox and Angra. I think you' guys will at least like it for sure.

>>: A-
Thanks, Rosh. Will put this in my queue rightaway.

------------------

Very impressive. If you thought Rhoda Penmark was mind-blowing in The Bad Seed, wait til you get a load of Isabelle Fuhrman in this one. Definitely recommended, although it tends to get slow at times, but doesn't take away from the superb narrative and the outstanding acting of the 12-year-old.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:03 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

The Long Day's Dying (1968)
Very odd ball War film about 3 British Paras behind enemy lines. Stars David Hemmings - reminded me a bit of
the Peter Watkins film Gladiators (but on a smaller scale).

The ABCs of Death (2012)
26 short films by different directors about murder/death each based on a letter of the alphabet. Its a little hit or miss but over all its really enjoyable and a pretty novel idea.
Good thing the Tokyo Gore Police guy got Z as that was a hard act to follow...

Walking Tall (1973)
Enjoyable biopic film of legendary Sheriff/vigilante Buford Pusser - stars the always great Joe Don Baker.

Cockneys vs Zombies (2012)
Way better than I expected (unlike that Cast of Eastenders vs Vampires crap) - Enjoyable violent non-sense as a
group of wide boys are joined by the residents of an OAP home to take on the hordes - the oldies inc Bricktop, Honor Blackman, Richard Briers and the guy from Lovejoy.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:10 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post

The ABCs of Death (2012)
26 short films by different directors about murder/death each based on a letter of the alphabet. Its a little hit or miss but over all its really enjoyable and a pretty novel idea.
Good thing the Tokyo Gore Police guy got Z as that was a hard act to follow...
Funny was just reading and posting about that in upcoming movies-guess the torrent has leaked already lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post

Cockneys vs Zombies (2012)
Way better than I expected (unlike that Cast of Eastenders vs Vampires crap) - Enjoyable violent non-sense as a
group of wide boys are joined by the residents of an OAP home to take on the hordes - the oldies inc Bricktop, Honor Blackman, Richard Briers and the guy from Lovejoy.
Mate of mine was raving about this he also said it would be a lot better than I was expecting so will look out for it cheers.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Walking Meatloaf

I watched these titles below. They are net flix rentals. the 1st out of the films was ok .. the 2nd not so much. it was kind of chessy and could not make much sense of it.

The Possession (2012)
http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=/8DwUMnKUzJ

Bloody New Year (1987)
http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=/8DwUMnKUzJ

Next film from net flix to see is Paranormal Activity 4. I'll posted reply update when i see it.

"Hail to the King Baby. Ash, Army of Darkness"

Last edited by cryptkeeper666; 02-04-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Evil Dead

Ghosts of Georgia (2013) I not going to say by it full name as it sound stupid

I really liked this movie, I found this movie a lot more creepier then first movie,

There was some really good scare scenes in this movie that last long then one Second, there not there just to make you jump.

There some really strange effect in this movie, which I am not sure what to think of at the moment.

Actually liked the fact this movie dose focus on, the same old route, Kid seeing a strange things,

most of people in the movie see thinks, I liked the fact they do believe way before the end, which I think was nice change.

I liked how the plot came to end was really good, there were really good tense moment in this movie.

The ending was fitting end, Nice and sweet ending to this movie.

The acting from everyone in cast was really good and the some of effect were really good in this movie.

A lot better then I thought it would be,

I going to give this sequel 7/8 out of 10
Old 02-05-2013, 07:22 AM
For Vendetta

Old 02-05-2013, 07:27 AM
HDC's old chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

You must have really hated it, you usually write a review.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:19 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
You must have really hated it, you usually write a review.
Not a total mess, hence I gave it 2 stars.

But where to start? Obvious nods to Paranormal Activity, The Grudge, a flawed premise, a too short running time to explain everything, and a hurried climax. And to top it all, the ridiculous closing scene. There are a few good scenes scattered far and between (a superb opening build-up), but overall, a weak effort. Not to mention the leads, who do a brilliant job trying to look handsome but lack acting skills.

I understand that it's a low-budget film, but there's a difference between having a good premise and flaws in execution, and having a flawed premise and compound it further with flaws in execution. Saying any further might add spoilers, but why would someone suffer through the entire film for something they weren't originally a part of?

Avoid.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:52 AM
HDC's old chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Not a total mess, hence I gave it 2 stars.

But where to start? Obvious nods to Paranormal Activity, The Grudge, a flawed premise, a too short running time to explain everything, and a hurried climax. And to top it all, the ridiculous closing scene. There are a few good scenes scattered far and between (a superb opening build-up), but overall, a weak effort. Not to mention the leads, who do a brilliant job trying to look handsome but lack acting skills.

I understand that it's a low-budget film, but there's a difference between having a good premise and flaws in execution, and having a flawed premise and compound it further with flaws in execution. Saying any further might add spoilers, but why would someone suffer through the entire film for something they weren't originally a part of?

Avoid.
Consider it avoided. Thanks, V!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Creep Van (2012)

Cheesy but a pretty entertaining, bloody indie horror.

>>: B

The ABCs of Death (2012)

Nice anthology idea but didn't enjoy much as a 2 hour long such anticipated anthology package. Liked mostly C-D-T & X. Other than those, some were semi-decent, some were nonsensical (or I didn't get at all), some were freaking weird & hilarious but not as good or interesting as I thought would be.

>>: B-

Seven Psychopaths (2012)

Not as good as In Bruges, but a fun watch though.

Hitchcock (2012)

Tags
movie