Old 03-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Little Boo

Question The secret of Hanging Rock movie?

A few years ago my older cousin had a recorded vhs on the story of Hanging rock that wasn't Peter Weir's one; it showed what happened to the missing girls like in the book "The secret of Hanging Rock" published in 1987. She told me she'd recorded it in 1989 or 1990 from a free tv channel; we saw it together many years later, I was only 11 and it was late night, so I don't remember much: perhaps it was a TV movie. Now my cousin had discarded all her videotapes and doesn't remember the exact movie's title. I'd like to see it again it, but I can't find anything about it in the net.
Do you know something about this movie?
Old 03-04-2012, 03:04 AM
Whip In My Valise

Never heard of it. I'm a huge fan of Picnic At Hanging Rock, so I'm happy to know there was a final chapter.:)
Old 03-04-2012, 05:03 AM
She's under the stairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerFan View Post
Never heard of it. I'm a huge fan of Picnic At Hanging Rock, so I'm happy to know there was a final chapter.:)
You need to go there it's a creepy place. There is more to it than in the movie. The school teacher in charge on the day went back there and fell or comitted suicide I think and then the principal died mysteriously or maybe a suicide. The story is all there at the rock anyway.

The place has a huge history before that as well, active volcano, lots of giant marsupials skeletons found there, also an aboriginal spiritual place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 03-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease View Post
You need to go there it's a creepy place. There is more to it than in the movie. The school teacher in charge on the day went back there and fell or comitted suicide I think and then the principal died mysteriously or maybe a suicide. The story is all there at the rock anyway.

The place has a huge history before that as well, active volcano, lots of giant marsupials skeletons found there, also an aboriginal spiritual place.
If I ever make it to Australia, I'll definitely seek it out. It looks amazing.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Cranky

Quote:
The novel is written in the form of a false document, implying that it is based on a true story, and even begins and ends with a pseudo-historical prologue and epilogue, adding to the overall feeling of mystery. However, while the geological feature, Hanging Rock, and the several towns mentioned are actual places near Mount Macedon, the story is entirely fictional. Lindsay had done little to dispel the myth that the story is based on truth, in many interviews either refusing to confirm it was entirely fiction, or hinting that parts of the book were fictitious, and others were not. Valentine's Day, 14 February 1900 was a Wednesday, not a Saturday as depicted in the story. All attempts by enthusiastic readers to find historical evidence of the event, characters, or even Appleyard College, have proved fruitless

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picnic_...ng_Rock_(novel)

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 03-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post

Thank you. I hadn't thought to try wiki. I tried like hell to find something and kept coming up empty handed. I thought either I was crazy or it didn't exist. I think the original poster is confusing the movie he/she saw as being associated.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Talking

I think calling it false or fictional is itself a hoax & nothing but a part of great conspiracy! That place holds keys to many great mysteries! I'm sure they're hiding something....they are just trying to taking our attention from it. Better to send an expedition team to unlock all those mysteries...and I vote Angra, Ferret, Newb & Zero for that team.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:30 PM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
I think calling it false or fictional is itself a hoax & nothing but a part of great conspiracy! That place holds keys to many great mysteries! I'm sure they're hiding something....they are just trying to taking our attention from it. Better to send an expedition team to unlock all those mysteries...and I vote Angra, Ferret, Newb & Zero for that team.
I just thought it was a great film whether true, hoax or conspiracy.

Last edited by Fearonsarms; 03-06-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: missed or
Old 03-06-2012, 11:14 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Thanks man.

I've always wanted to visit Australia. Now there is a purpose.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:58 PM
She's under the stairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
I guess you can believe Wiki or you can believe someone who has been there and read the storys that are in the museum there. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha