Old 02-25-2019, 07:12 PM
Misanthrope

Detective Comics #1000

Another milestone for DC comics hoping it's pretty good. The Rebirth run has been pretty solid I reckon.

Not sure which cover I'm going to grab. Keen on the 1930s variant or the 1970s variant by Bernie Wrightson.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dc.jpg (49.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-25-2019, 10:35 PM
That fucking Guy...

I'll be grabbing all of them, and the Nicola Scott exclusive to Kings comics (It's just one of him in various suits I think, as she'll be signing them shortly after along with her inker.

Figure it'll make a nice companion set to all my Action #1000 stuff.

Then aside from a few remaining issues of
Alien 3
Bubba Ho Tep and the cosmic blood suckers
Labyrinth
Bubba Ho-Tep/Army od Darkness
...when those have their last issue/s out, I'm done with the comic collecting thing again, seal them up, box them for years and see how they go in about 20.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:46 AM
Misanthrope

I think once DC stops the layout of the variant covers they are currently doing I might cut back on buying stuff. Those covers just look really great with minimal text on them and got me into buying some of the ongoing series stuff when I mainly stuck to mini-series books.

The only thing I've picked up over the last year that will go up in value is probably Batman - Damned #1.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:06 AM
That fucking Guy...

Oh I got that too. I figured since it was both the first under the sub-brand adult vision which I believe has the potential to become popular, and that it also stars a prolifically popular character...yeah, it was a standout.

Quote:
Those covers just look really great with minimal text on them and got me into buying some of the ongoing series stuff when I mainly stuck to mini-series books.
DC is majorly ahead of the curve with their covers over the last couple years. Especially last 6 months.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:32 AM
Misanthrope

Yeah man some of those covers are just amazing to look at... especially the Batman stuff.

Black Label was set to be something great but they basically got cold feet and it's dead in the water. It's a shame really. The Killing Joke really blew my mind when I read it when I was younger... DC was at it's best when they were pushing boundaries now they are too scared of the backlash from a little nudity.

But that said they are still consistently putting out better books artwise/storywise than Marvel (with the exception of the recent Punisher run).