Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-26-2021, 01:56 AM
Evil Dead

Ooooops!

Hit send too quickly...HIDE AND SEEK gets a ***
Old 11-26-2021, 01:26 PM
Evil Dead

La peau blanche

This was a bit of a slow burner.

Straight off the bat, we get a hint towards vampires, but the story does not really follow up on that. Instead, it builds up an unconventional, uncomfortable romance.

When the story unfolds, it remains a bit vague. Are they vampires? Cannibals? i'm not really sure. What I do know is that both the story and the characters had enough flesh to keep you invested and earn a third star. I also like the Quebec accent enough to make that a plus.
Old 11-26-2021, 02:32 PM
Undead

Ok I’ll play

Last night in soho: 6/10

Honestly felt like I was watching a chick flick for the majority of the movie. I watched this because I kept seeing it brought up as a horror movie but I’m not sure if I’d even put it in that category. Not a bad movie, nothing I’d ever tell somebody to watch.
Old 11-26-2021, 03:47 PM
病気の

Autumn Road, 2021. 6/10

Director: Riley Cusick

Thumb resize.
Old 11-27-2021, 07:33 AM
Undead

The beta test: solid 7/10. Maybe more like a 7.5/10. Really enjoyed this one.

I thought it was a horror movie going in but it isn’t. It was one of the more entertaining movies I’ve watched lately though.
Old 11-27-2021, 01:49 PM
Evil Dead

Cam

Cam was a fun watch.

The strength of this film relies on Madeline Brewer's performance. She does a good job, getting you as invested as possible given the subject. That said, the helpdesk trouble are relatable. Even when you are talking to a real life person, it sometimes feels like you are talking to a robot.

The ending kept it from a fourth star. A bit dodgy and far fetched. I am aware that things like AI and deepfake are advancing by leaps and bounds, but to pull off some kind of AI identity thief? Then a real life lookalike in cahoots with some vindictive colleague/fan would have made more sense.
Old 11-27-2021, 01:50 PM
Evil Dead

Jurassic World

1) Who am I supposed to be rooting for again? And how bad is it for your film when you as a viewer ask yourself that question (at least) two or three times in two hours?

2) Why is the most likable human character a Pratt?

3) Fallon's cameo was kind of funny because of his zanness.

4) Good to see Omar Sy in such a big production. His character was kind of likable as well. And Shredder gets a role too *James A Janisse-voice* That's nice!

5) Lots of people die horrifically, but PG 13 gore and violence because... money.

6) CGI sucks. It pretty much ruined the scene where Pratt rides his motorbike between the raptors.

7) In a roundabout way, this film shows the genius of Steven Spielberg. Yes, he had to have sweet children and cheesy moments in his films, but at least he knew how to f-ing do it. This film's portrayal of kids was at times closer to the Tom Cruise version of War of the worlds.

8) The same thing goes for the chase scene. It has nothing on Goldblum's "must go faster".

9) Oligarchs and billionaires run this world, so it's kind of fitting that most of the "good guys" are corporate douchebags.

10) Yes, the scene where the monster pops out of the water and eats the what I think is a shark looks pretty damn impressive. That makes a trailer, not a 2 hour film.
Old 11-27-2021, 06:55 PM
Undead

The vast of night: 8/10. Scifi. Made in 2019 but takes place in 1950s New Mexico. This movie was a good time for me. Very simple plot but very entertaining.
Old 11-28-2021, 12:17 AM
Evil Dead

YOU'RE NEXT (2011)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Quarrelsome family gets together for Parent's anniversary in big beautiful, yet isolated house. The Grown children bring spouses/significant others to join them and things are getting testy when the house is attacked by Masked invaders. Things begin to look bad, but unknown to all, one person at the dinner party is more skilled at self defense than expected.

Really enjoyed this, one of the better newish horror films I've watched recently. Violent, but doesn't go overboard and some darkly funny moments that work better than expected. To Me, the obvious inspiration was THE STRANGERS, but also noticed some HOME ALONE moments as well. Sharni Vinson was very good and quite nice seeing Barbara Crampton (RE-ANIMATOR, FROM BEYOND) again. ****
Old 11-28-2021, 02:43 AM
病気の

The Last Rite, 2021. 6.5/10

Director: Leroy Kincaide

Thumb resize.

Tags
movie