Old 05-20-2012, 09:52 PM
That fucking Guy...

Wrong Turn (2003)
After hearing there was a fourth, and now a fifth one coming out I decided to rewatch this, as I've yet to see any of the sequels.
I hear pretty mixed reviews of the sequels with particular hate for the third one in the series...but whatever, it's not like I'm expecting anything GOOD.

I actually quite liked the first one though.
Well, aside from the annoying "freakout" chicks that thankfully got killed off.
I wouldn't have recognised "Quinn" from Dexter the first time I saw this, he's actually not bad in this kind of role.
Eliza D, hot as fuck as per usual, makes a serviceable scream queen/survivor.
But yeah - Gory, bloody, and not a bad amount of atmosphere there as well.
It's very derivative of things like "the hills have eyes" and "tcm", but I felt that is stood out from the crowds of imitators a little bit better.
Enjoyed the second viewing, barely remembered it at all.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:56 AM
Love is like dying

john carter, i thought this was absolute crap.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Demon from Ago

Just watched Valhalla Rising, a mad meditation on the primeval nature of man and survival. It's a chilly, often slow, uncompromisingly harsh film and its visual beauty is exceeded only by the gruesomeness of some of the violence. Overall, I would give this film three and a half stars.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:28 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Just watched Valhalla Rising, a mad meditation on the primeval nature of man and survival. It's a chilly, often slow, uncompromisingly harsh film and its visual beauty is exceeded only by the gruesomeness of some of the violence. Overall, I would give this film three and a half stars.
Nice, I enjoyed that one too.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:33 PM
From The Beyond

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Медвежуть View Post
Watched a few movies today, but none of them till the end.
"Vinyan", 2008, couple of idiots looking for thier son who's been blown far far away by tsunami. major bullshit.
"Shutter", 2004, i don't even know why i started to watch it. asian horror was never my cup of tea. its like watching neverending "Ringu", they all so fucking similar.
then i tried to watch "Kill List", 2011, about some hitman dude. it was okay in some parts (like breakin bones with a hammer), but overall was a bunch of bullshit as well. also, this dude's wife started to squeal suddenly throughout all movie. darn bitch gave me anxiety attack

so, after all this torture i thought fuck it, and rewatched Dead Snow.
I agree about Vinyan utter shit-have you seen Storm Warning the ozploitation film? Watch that instead a much much better film along the same lines but for a fan of creative torture you would love it.

Disagree about Shutter one of my fave films actually.

Heard nothing but HATE here in the UK towards Kill List it was on at the 2011 Frightfest in London and didn't go down well.

Dead Snow is great-the characters well terrible, unbelievable, irritating (the humans not the zombies) though so I was definitely rooting for the zombies. I swear they were made to be deliberately reviled so you would enjoy their misfortunes all the more.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:50 AM
No, fuck YOU

"The Avengers" 7/10

Meh...

Had some funny moments, but the story was really thin and not very exciting. Not a big superhero fan to begin with so was a little disappointed we only got to see these famous 4. I'd also hoped for some more/stronger villains than just Loki and his aliens.

Scarlett Johansson and arrow dude bugged me. Why where they so good? They weren't superheroes as far as i know. Those two characters shouldn't have been in the movie.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:40 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
"The Avengers" 7/10

Meh...

Had some funny moments, but the story was really thin and not very exciting. Not a big superhero fan to begin with so was a little disappointed we only got to see these famous 4. I'd also hoped for some more/stronger villains than just Loki and his aliens.

Scarlett Johansson and arrow dude bugged me. Why where they so good? They weren't superheroes as far as i know. Those two characters shouldn't have been in the movie.
Black Widow is a biotechnologically and psycho-technologically enhanced superspy and martial artist. She was rescued as a child by Captain America

Hawkeye was a runaway orphan that join the circus where he eventually became trained by The Swordsman and Trickshot and honed his archery skills to an expert level. So basically he is just as good as Bullseye. He and Ironman were great friends.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:01 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Black Widow is a biotechnologically and psycho-technologically enhanced superspy and martial artist. She was rescued as a child by Captain America

Hawkeye was a runaway orphan that join the circus where he eventually became trained by The Swordsman and Trickshot and honed his archery skills to an expert level. So basically he is just as good as Bullseye. He and Ironman were great friends.
Have we seen that in any former movies?
Old 05-22-2012, 08:09 AM
Demon from Ago

Nothing I'm able to think of right now. I haven't had the chance to watch The Avengers yet so I'm not sure how much of a part their characters played in it.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:16 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob gray View Post
nothing i'm able to think of right now. I haven't had the chance to watch the avengers yet so i'm not sure how much of a part their characters played in it.
fuck 'em then!!!