Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-15-2014, 03:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfantasy View Post
Okay, I just finished The Brood. Has anyone else seen this?

There are parts that are like wtf??!!
That's the one with tumor munchkins, right? I enjoyed it.

Croaked: Frog Monster from Hell (1975) -- 0.5/10; It took hours upon hours of assiduous research, but I finally found a frog movie worse than FROGS.

Last edited by _____V_____; 09-15-2014 at 10:05 PM. Reason: back-to-back posts
Old 09-15-2014, 04:36 AM
Evil Dead

PROPHECY (1979). Silly, but pretty decent "Nature Strikes Back " film with an awesome monster, a sentiment I can live with and some cool scenes,especially the discovery in the creek. Now, if only they had put someone else in here besides Talia Shire ***
Old 09-16-2014, 04:40 AM
Banned

Elves (1989) -- 2/10; It was so poorly edited that I only recall seeing one elf, or perhaps the crew thought they could trick the audience into believing their one elf prop was several. At least the premise was good.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:02 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
PROPHECY (1979). Silly, but pretty decent "Nature Strikes Back " film with an awesome monster, a sentiment I can live with and some cool scenes,especially the discovery in the creek. Now, if only they had put someone else in here besides Talia Shire ***
Read the book. It's much more atmospheric and absolutely terrifying, in comparison to the film. A TON of changes between the book & the film.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:20 AM
Evil Dead

Actually have my battered old movie tie-in and you're right, it is a lot scarier than the film. Have PROPHECY and THE OMEN-do you know if David Seltzer wrote any more books and if they are worth checking out? Could google, but like The Beatles said" I'm in love, but I;m lazy".
Old 09-17-2014, 12:04 AM
Banned

Deathstalker (1983) -- 3.5/10; This is not the action-fantasy movie to watch if you are either a feminist or someone who likes decent action scenes. Instead of choreographing fights, the director focuses tight on one of the fighters, who is clearly fighting nothing but tedium. If you like half-naked sex slaves, however, this will please. It did make me pine for BEASTMASTER.

Last edited by Damn Heathen; 09-17-2014 at 12:26 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:30 AM
Evil Dead

Madhouse (1974)

Vincent Price plays Paul Toombes a horror actor famous for playing the character Dr. Death with Peter Cushing playing the writer of the Dr. Death film series. During a New Years Eve party Toombes' fiancee is killed. He wakes up to find her decapitated and the shock drives him to be institutionalized. Years later he decides to revive the character for a TV series and people start to die in ways similar to his films.

Far from either Cushing or Price's best film both horror icons are in good form here and there's plenty of disturbing imagery. There's also brief cameos from Basil Rathbone and Boris Karloff as shown in clips from other movies. While it's not a must see film from any of those horror alums it does provide us with an interesting and exciting mystery that keeps us guessing 'who dun it'.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:55 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
Actually have my battered old movie tie-in and you're right, it is a lot scarier than the film. Have PROPHECY and THE OMEN-do you know if David Seltzer wrote any more books and if they are worth checking out? Could google, but like The Beatles said" I'm in love, but I;m lazy".
No other worthy horror writings.

-----------------------------------------------

Why the film flopped and crippled the bank accounts of the famous Hammer Studios can be seen. The film is in no way a match to Hitchcock's original, and neither does it give off a vibe of being a Hammer film. It doesn't try to be an original in it's own right either, like Carpenter's The Thing.

I have always found Elliott Gould unbearable, and in the company of a much-amused Cybill Shepherd and her legs, doesn't give the film any sort of push. The only notable screen presence comes from Angela Lansbury who, rather ruefully, is restricted to a cameo appearance. The main question which imparts the title it's name is never answered either. Shame.

Avoid, unless you are a completist and just HAVE to see that final Hammer film of the late 70s.

Last edited by _____V_____; 09-17-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Little Boo

New indie film

Low budget horror with not bad acting.
watch like hate vote for this film.

http://www.viewster.com/movie/1272-18360-000/return/
Old 09-17-2014, 06:08 PM
Horror Fan

Watched Friday the 13th (1980) on SyFy channel...they edited out the decapitation scene.