Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics

Old 01-05-2005, 09:34 AM
Undead

Perpetual Motion Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by toonmom
Wow, a fellow Toledoen!
The first two as in Mama's Boy and You Oughta Know. I really look forward to reading the rest.
Oh man... I think you are in for a real treat. Be sure to keep me posted on your thoughts! ;)

Best wishes,
Aaron Weisbrod
Old 01-05-2005, 10:01 AM
toonmom

I just read the next 3 - Run Like Hell, How Do you Sleep?, and Bitter Wine. I must say, I didn't care for those as much as the first 2. The art in all of them are great though and the stories have a Creepshow kind of feel to them (IMO), which I really like. I will continue until I have read them all.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:16 AM
Undead

Wink Different strokes...

Quote:
Originally posted by toonmom
I just read the next 3 - Run Like Hell, How Do you Sleep?, and Bitter Wine. I must say, I didn't care for those as much as the first 2. The art in all of them are great though and the stories have a Creepshow kind of feel to them (IMO), which I really like. I will continue until I have read them all.
One of the things I wanted to do with the series when I first started was make sure that every story was a totally different genre, while still sort of keepin' in a certain vein of story.

As a result you'll see everything from zombies to Cthulhu to video games to Sherlock Holmes to faries to Merrows to Elvira covered in one way or another... with even more fun stuff to come down the road! :p

Heck, we have a CAVEMAN story running in March! :eek:

Sorry -- I just get excited and babble too much. I'll shut-up now. ;)

Best wishes,
Aaron Weisbrod

P.S.-- If you pay close attention, come, say, tomorrow, you may see a certain character or two from "You Oughta Know" making return appearances since I love that particular story so much. lol In fact, I even did a prose sequal to it in the STEVE NILES PRESENTS: TALES FROM THE INNER SANCTUM #1 anthology!!! (Yes, THAT Steve Niles -- the 30 DAYS OF NIGHT guy. You can get the details about the book on the NIGHTMARE WORLD website by clicking the "Store" link at the top of the page. :cool: )
Old 01-08-2005, 02:26 PM
toonmom

I just finished Knee Deep in the Dead, one of my favorites so far.

BTW - I emailed you the other day Aaron, haven't heard back from you though. Did you get it?
Old 01-09-2005, 06:45 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Wow, this new one is looking awesome so far!

1st one I havnt been able to read the whole way through, lol.....the suspence is killing me!
Old 01-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Undead

Like, a million or something...

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
Wow, this new one is looking awesome so far!

1st one I havnt been able to read the whole way through, lol.....the suspence is killing me!
LOL

Thanks for the kind words!

The biggest compliment we can get is knowing that we are keeping people in suspense... :p

Part Two went online late Thursday night... but here's a hint for Part Three (which will be going-up this Thursday):

Monsters. Lots and LOTS of monsters. :eek:

Best wishes,
Aaron Weisbrod
Old 01-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Undead

Exclamation Promise = met...

Hey all... just a quick heads-up that Part Three of DISASTERPIECE is now online at www.NightmareWorld.com...

Those of you who've wanted to see a battle-royal with Lovecraftian monsters need look no further... ;)

Check it out and let us know what you think! :D

Best wishes,
Aaron Weisbrod
Old 01-21-2005, 07:39 AM
toonmom

I just finished reading Try Honesty, that was a great story! Do doubt, my favorite so far. I am still making my way through though.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:07 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Looking good...damn good!

I just read a few over, trying to decide which my favorite is so far...Id have to say No One Knows, I loved how you leave what actually happed for us to imagine, awesome story!
Old 01-29-2005, 04:17 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Happy B-Day!!!:D :D