Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-16-2004, 08:23 AM
Evil Dead

Drive In Theatre

This past weekend my wife made me promise I wouldn't work on any of the props for the haunted house since the kids start school this week. She wanted us to go to the movies. I told her about a Drive In Theatre about 40 minutes South of us, and they were playing Catwoman and The Bourne Supremacy. She thought it was a good idea, and thought the kids would love Catwoman, plus it would be good for me to watch something other then a Horror movie!

As a kid my parents use to take us to the Drive In all the time, but I had not been in years, and they are few and far between.
We got there early got a good site, set up the lawn chairs, visited the Snack Bar. They had a playground, and a basketball court! The kids loved it to say the least. Instead of the old speakers hanging off the window they broadcast on FM and you just tune your car radio in to the channel. The kids brought their walkmans, (with radios) and tuned in on them while they sat in the lawn chairs.

The kids loved Catwoman, the girls didn't make it to the second show, and took up residence in the back seats of the minivan. Our Son was in it for the long haul and liked both shows.

I know this is a real long post for me, and I'm rambling alot. But I wanted to share this with you.

By the way the first preview was for the new Exorcist movie, my wife just shook her head, and laughed in my direction, she said, "it must be a sign for you!".

Do any of the older members here have any memorys of the Drive In?

Nosferatu,
Does not this word sound like the call of the death bird at Midnight? You dare not say it since the pictures will fade into dark shadows, ghostly dreams will rise from your heart and feed on your own blood
Old 08-16-2004, 08:29 AM

Oh god yes!! I saw Friday the 13th when I was 15. We went around shaking peoples cars when there where scary parts, flirted with the guys, got drunk and yes there where times when i did more than flirt. I'm a BAD GIRL!!! But god it was fun!! ;)

LIFES A BITCH THEN YOU DIE!!
Old 08-16-2004, 08:39 AM
Fear scented candle

My earliest movie memories are from dive-ins...:)

We lived in washington, and i distinctly remember seeing Clash of the Titans and Beastmaster in 1 night. For Your Eyes only, 9 to 5, Stripes, and a couple more i cant remember.. Eating gummi bears in my pjs in the back of my parent's pinto.... those were the days..

My Fiance and i went to one in upsatate NY last year and caught finding nemo and Two-Towers at a drive in.. It was awsome... We were soo tired though, we only made it a 3rd of the way into 2 towers, which sucked....
Old 08-16-2004, 08:59 AM
Banned

Ahhhh yes...those were the days.My parents gathering me and my brother with our PJs on...the ones with the feet in them, going to see a double feature.One of the first movies I remember seeing was The Wolfman. I also remember seeing Scream and Scream Again when I was a tyke and it scared the shit out of me.

In later years I recall taking my girlfriend [ who is now my wife ] on a first date to the drive-in to see The Bad News Bears and The Island of Dr. Moreau [ the original one with Burt Lancaster ]. I parked in the back of the lot so I could just get out of the car and pee in the bush instead of having to walk all the way to the bathroom [ which my girlfriend had to do ] . Hey call me a romantic...but after drinking 8 or 10 beers ya have to pee a lot.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:08 AM
Saint of Killers

We have a drive in about 15 miles S of us, took the kids to see Shrek 2 there, the only thing I didnt like was the half hour intermission so everyone could run to the snack bar but hey the place has to make money.

I remember sitting behind the wheel of my dads GTO and seeing Kingdom of the Spiders with William Shatner. I also remember standing up in the back seat on the way home (cars didnt have seatbelts then) hitting a pothole falling on the floor and biting the end of my tongue off. 455 tripower gets you to the hospital pretty damn fast.

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead.

I've never been nice my whole life....but, I'll do my best to be sweet.

I keep my standards low, so I'm never disappointed.

The next words out of your mouth better be some Mark Twain shit, cos' I am going to be chiseling it on your tombstone.

Trample the weak, Hurdle the dead.

Forgive your enemies......after they are slain.

The God I believe in aint short of cash mister.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:30 AM
Now she has us.

we've never had driveins in the Uk, well not in my time, until recently.... I heard on uk based site about one that was going to be set up. Never heard whether it was though.

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Last edited by ShankS; 08-16-2004 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Tonight belongs to HIM

I remember i saw Identity and Anger Management back to back and i thought they were both pretty good
Old 08-16-2004, 11:44 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to fluffho Send a message via Yahoo to fluffho
im only 19 so i think drive ins were bfeore my time

but there is a drive in theater over here, but its in imperial beach, a fuckin ghetto ass place. probbaly would get shot