Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-27-2011, 07:06 AM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
I understand where you are coming from but disagree I think the bad FX heightened my "enjoyment" of the movie.
i loved living dead girl, the efx dint bother me.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Misanthrope

Caught Cowboys & Aliens in the weekend. Really disappointing aside from Harrison Ford's performance. Daniel Craig was so robotic it's like they just cut n' pasted him from all his other movies. Weak story that was dragged out for way to long. A dull wasted opportunity. Don't pay to see it.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:22 AM
Pirate of Bengal

SS Girls aka Private House of the SS (1977)

>>: C

Abduction (2011)

>>: C-

Don't Go to Sleep aka House no. 13666 [;)] (1982)

A pretty good made-for-TV horror flick with some fantastic camera works & tensed set pieces. Loved it.

>>: B+
Old 11-28-2011, 06:45 AM
HDC Idol

The Muppets (2011)

Sweet. Charming. Happy. And utterly adorable. I loved pretty much every second of this movie and there were scenes that had me laughing so hard that I actually cried. Jason Segal and Amy Adams were nothing short of perfect (especially Ms. Adams - She truly is a singing star). My only odd complaint is that I wish there was more -
  • More cameos (I feel as though Steve Martin really should have made an appearance)
  • More Muppet skits (as soon as they started the Muppet Show, it really picked up and I couldn't stop smiling)

If you're a fan of the Muppets you absolutely HAVE to see this, hands down.

4/5.

The Ward (2010)

Not good, but not nearly as bad as I was expecting. I finished the movie, so that's something. Maybe I'm just a sucker for asylum-based horror films. I also liked that it was sort of a period piece... And I totally have a boner for Lyndsy Fonseca.

All that being said, the apparition was LAUGHABLY bad (utterly awful makeup) and the writing was pretty terrible too (though MAN Amber Heard is a STONE. COLD. FOX.) and the ending - OH THE ENDING - was pretty laughable. bwaaaahahahahahahahahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaa

I enjoyed it, but can't say it's a good movie.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 11-28-2011, 07:14 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

c is kinda generous for SS Girls - I think the rediculous alsation scene is the only thing of merit in it.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
c is kinda generous for SS Girls - I think the rediculous alsation scene is the only thing of merit in it.
Ditto but also kinda liked the weirdly funny character of Hans Schellenberg, played by Gabriele Carrara...that guy made me giggle one or two times. :D
Old 11-28-2011, 08:59 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
The Muppets (2011)

Sweet. Charming. Happy. And utterly adorable. I loved pretty much every second of this movie and there were scenes that had me laughing so hard that I actually cried. Jason Segal and Amy Adams were nothing short of perfect (especially Ms. Adams - She truly is a singing star). My only odd complaint is that I wish there was more -
  • More cameos (I feel as though Steve Martin really should have made an appearance)
  • More Muppet skits (as soon as they started the Muppet Show, it really picked up and I couldn't stop smiling)

If you're a fan of the Muppets you absolutely HAVE to see this, hands down.

4/5.

Sold.

If this turns out to be a waste of my precious, precious time i will never trust you again. :cool:
Old 11-28-2011, 09:00 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Caught Cowboys & Aliens in the weekend. Really disappointing aside from Harrison Ford's performance. Daniel Craig was so robotic it's like they just cut n' pasted him from all his other movies. Weak story that was dragged out for way to long. A dull wasted opportunity. Don't pay to see it.
You caught it on Veetle?
Old 11-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Love is like dying

just watched warrior.

slowly becoming a fan of tom hardy. brilliant performances from both, tom hardy and Joel Edgerton.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by leezuki View Post
just watched warrior.

slowly becoming a fan of tom hardy. brilliant performances from both, tom hardy and Joel Edgerton.
I really loved that movie and i think Tom Hardy is gonna be a huge star. Can't wait to see him play Bane in the new Batman movie.