Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 05-06-2010, 10:07 AM
For Vendetta

Here's what really killed Elvis!

(via ANI)

May 6, 2010 - Elvis Presley's doctor Nick Nichopoulos has revealed that the King of Rock and Roll died due to chronic constipation.

It was reported in 1977 that Presley died due to cardiac arrhythmia, an irregular heartbeat problem that arises due to taking drugs, obesity and a weak heart.

But Presley's long time friend and physician Nick has now revealed that he died due to chronic constipation, reports Fox News.

'After he died we weren't sure of the exact cause of death so I continued to do some research and I had some doctors call me from different places and different med schools that were doing research on constipation and different problems you can get into with it,' now retired Nick said.

'I just want to get the story straight -- it all made sense with the new research that was done,' he added.

Dr Nick was with Presley for the last twelve years of his life. He also made an attempt to resuscitate him the day he died.

He recently released a book called 'The King and Dr Nick'. The book is about his time with Presley and his theory on his shocking death.

'We didn't realize until the autopsy that his constipation was as bad -- we knew it was bad because it was hard for us to treat, but we didn't realize what it had done,' Dr Nick said.

'We just assumed that the constipation was secondary to the meds that he was taking for his arthritic pain and for his insomnia,' he added.

Dr Nick also said that Presley's colon was 5 to 6 inches in diameter as compared to a normal width of 2 to 3 inches, and instead of being the 4 to 5 feet long, his colon was 8 to 9 feet in length.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
How...odd. At least it's cleared up, I suppose.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 05-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Heaven for the climate

Is anyone really surprised though?
Old 05-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Misanthrope

Hmmm with all those pills he was taking you'd think he would've sorted out a laxative.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

Wow... the king..... was killed... by poop.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Evil Dead

Now we know why The King died on ....the throne
Old 05-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Synthetic Flesh

I always thought he was full of shit.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Corpse Kicker

Looks like they really made an ass out of him in the end! :)
Old 05-08-2010, 06:10 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

He died while trying to shit. It wasn't the constipation per se that killed him it was the stress on his heart caused by pushing too hard.

If you close your airway and bear down in an attempt to force defecation you run the risk of a sudden blood pressure drop and even a potential heart attack. With Elvis's heart weakened by years of pill addiction, this Valsalva maneuver was his undoing.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 05-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Little Boo

I knew about this a while back, when I heard it I thought it was a joke.