Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-16-2008, 07:14 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by illdojo View Post
Totally.....FUCK EM'....I'll let you know "how it really was" tomorrow night. ;)
As will I, my friend.

My girlfriend bought tickets for us a couple weeks back and I'm fucking pumped out of my mind.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:34 AM
Banned

Every review I've read so far contain these words..."posthumous Oscar nomination"
Old 07-17-2008, 07:37 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Every review I've read so far contain these words..."posthumous Oscar nomination"
I've heard a couple "Best picture nomination"s as well, not as much as Heath's nom, but I still have.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:46 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post
I've heard a couple "Best picture nomination"s as well, not as much as Heath's nom, but I still have.
Wouldn't that be amazing?

A superhero movie getting nominated for an award that people actually care about...damn, that would be awesome.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Wow, The Dark Knight has broken the theater count record by 4 WHOLE THEATERS!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Caught it last night. Hated Batman:Begins, but Heath Ledger makes me feel like giving Nolan permission for his baffling, oft intrusive realism. Christian Bale remains slgithly uneven and the Maggie Gyllenhaal character is written roadkill flat, but the whole effect is brilliant. I don't think anybody was on the fence about seeing it, but if somebody happens to be and comes upon this thread, I definitely say go for it. Recommended wholeheartedly. Gary Oldman and Aaron Eckhardt are incredible. Heath Ledger is undisputed emperor of this movie and deserves it. Highest accolades from me.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

FRIDAY 7AM: Warner Bros is well on its way to making Hollywood history this weekend. That's because its opening comic book caper The Dark Knight is already on its way to breaking records left and right today even as it's still sparking a ticket-selling frenzy across North America. I've just been told that the latest Batman installment's midnight shows broke the record of $16 million set by Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith. "Over $17 million, and still counting," my insider says this morning. I should have final midnight numbers soon. Across North America, theater owners are working feverishly to squeeze in more screenings to meet voracious moviegoer demand. (Photo by Jim Stevenson of audiences arriving at Hollywod's Arclight Theater for the first showing of Dark Knight.)

Fandango, the largest online ticketseller, has just announced that Dark Knight has jumped to No. 2 on its Top 10 List of Advance Ticket-Sellers. The service is now selling an average of nearly 10 tickets per second for the pic during peak periods, an extraordinary figure which underscores Hollywood's belief that not just the individual but also the overall 3-day non-holiday box office record is going down this weekend.

Top 10 Advance Ticket-Sellers list from Fandango.com:
1. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
2. The Dark Knight (2008)
3. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
5. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (2007)
6. Hannah Montana 3D (2008)
7. Lord Of The Rings: Return of the King (2003)
8. Spider-Man 3 (2007)
9. Sex And The City (2008)
10. The Passion Of The Christ (2004)

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.co...-sith-numbers/
Old 07-18-2008, 07:50 PM
For Vendetta

Fan...tas...tic.

Mind-blowing.

Not only the best superhero flick, but quite possibly one of THE BEST flicks I have seen in my life.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

Not only the best superhero flick, but quite possibly one of THE BEST flicks I have seen in my life.
It's one thing for Posher, Return, and I to say that, but YOU saying it god damn means something!
Old 07-18-2008, 07:55 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post
It's one thing for Posher, Return, and I to say that, but YOU saying it god damn means something!
No shit.

After all the hype and marketing and Ledger's death, I was so ready to bash this movie for not living up to critics' and comic-fans' expectations!

Boy...was I wrong! :D