Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-06-2015, 05:57 PM
The Opener of the Ways

The Entwined (Written by Clive Barker)

There is a new film coming that is written by Clive Barker. The Entwined is about a "...couple who discover that their destinies are entwined with an ancient and powerful spirit whose evil threatens to engulf them both." This film will be directed by Robert Hollocks who is known for directing absolutely nothing... I am concerned, but happy that we'll get a chance to see a horror master's ideas come to life again. What are your thoughts on this production or how do you feel about the Hellraiser remake being officially announced?

Entwined IMDb:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4286668/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_2

Hellraiser remake IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0887261/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1

Old 05-06-2015, 11:16 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Hellraiser remake wait WHAT. WHY?! Clive, you done perfect the first time around. You can't improve perfection. ;^;

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 05-07-2015, 05:02 AM
No Tears Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Hellraiser remake wait WHAT. WHY?! Clive, you done perfect the first time around. You can't improve perfection. ;^;
Im excited by anything Clive Barker puts together so I am stoked for entwined. Before you guys joined I chimed in on my theory on remakes. Heres the thing, I love remakes. I am a Hellraiser freak, I literally have two movie posters and three paintings of Pinhead in my living room along with family photos. I am stoked for a remake. The way I see it there is a new generation of horror fans that are being fed todays modern crap, they are getting paranormal activity 5 times. If we can take a amazing film and remake it with modern effects and modern sound, update the sets and the design and introduce a generation of fans who may have never taken the time otherwise to hunt down the original, to the glory of Pinhead, then I am all for it. I would love to see what they can do with the movie now. Not to mention Clive Barker has expanded the universe so drastically from the films that it would be great to see weaved into a new set of films. Plus, if Clive Barker is penning the script then it should be right. So I say, chill, sit back and be happy that there is still horror to be had.

The People (short story) ---- http://www.inkitt.com/stories/10686

Trapped (Short Story) ---- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624905

The End : A Short Glimpse (Flash Fiction) --- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624912

Fear Awakens (novel) ----- Recently Restarted
Old 05-07-2015, 05:27 AM
Scares Little Kids

I already think remake will be the great.Or not.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:35 PM
The Opener of the Ways

Quote:
I love the original Hellraiser because it is the closest thing to The Hellbound Heart that has ever been made into a film. If Hellraiser is re-visited and made even closer to the original story or re-envisioned by Clive Barker himself then I'll be eagerly awaiting it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
Im excited by anything Clive Barker puts together so I am stoked for entwined. Before you guys joined I chimed in on my theory on remakes. Heres the thing, I love remakes. I am a Hellraiser freak, I literally have two movie posters and three paintings of Pinhead in my living room along with family photos. I am stoked for a remake. The way I see it there is a new generation of horror fans that are being fed todays modern crap, they are getting paranormal activity 5 times. If we can take a amazing film and remake it with modern effects and modern sound, update the sets and the design and introduce a generation of fans who may have never taken the time otherwise to hunt down the original, to the glory of Pinhead, then I am all for it. I would love to see what they can do with the movie now. Not to mention Clive Barker has expanded the universe so drastically from the films that it would be great to see weaved into a new set of films. Plus, if Clive Barker is penning the script then it should be right. So I say, chill, sit back and be happy that there is still horror to be had.
Not much to add. I agree. Talking about the Hellraiser expanded universe. I'm very disappointed that the Tortured Souls film never made it to production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason X View Post
I already think remake will be the great.Or not.
I guess only time will tell at this point. It sure can't be worse then Deader, Hellworld or Revelations.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:30 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Despite my dislike for remakes, I will likely at least give it a watch (what kind of Hellraiser fan would I be if I couldn't do at least that much), but let's just say I'm not giving my hopes up. As Tim Burton has proved many times lately, even legends can loose their touch.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 05-07-2015, 07:28 PM
The Opener of the Ways

Quote:
Despite my dislike for remakes, I will likely at least give it a watch (what kind of Hellraiser fan would I be if I couldn't do at least that much), but let's just say I'm not giving my hopes up. As Tim Burton has proved many times lately, even legends can loose their touch.
I'd trust Clive Barker on whatever projects he chose to helm. The problem is he refuses to helm film productions based on his work anymore. That is the only reason I have any doubts in projects his name is attached to.