Old 04-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bottin View Post
best film ever made.
Are you serious? EVER?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 04-10-2007, 02:32 PM
Gorehound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
Are you serious? EVER?
Yes, are you serious in this thread? http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29074
Old 04-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Evil Dead

DEEP BLUE SEA has some moments of brilliant writing (surrounded by completely shitty writing). Like the stretcher dropping in to the water, that was wild fun. And Sam Jackson getting killed... But most of the rest was dopey. However I did think it was cool that they chose mako sharks instead of the traditional great white, or even tiger sharks. Personnally I think bull sharks (zambese in Africa, sorry spelling). Bull sharks are the ones that can swim way up fresh water rivers and streams. One was once caught like 1,000 miles up the Mississippi river. Think about that next time you are in a river...
Old 04-10-2007, 06:18 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
This is an unfair generalization. Being young has nothing to do with taste.
John Tucker Must Die?

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 04-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bottin View Post
Yes, are you serious in this thread? http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29074
I didn't mean "are you serious, as a person" I mean are you serious? the best movie ever? referring to jaws. No offense intended.

@Rod- everyone has a bad movie they love;)

Quote:
oh posher, I love you.

None of this is real
Old 04-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I have to admit, the scene withthe strecher was clever, if it happened to me though, I would so sue the NHS. (In england, thats's what we have. The national health service. They take a small amount from our pay checks and all the operations are then covered, as opposed to americas "Pay as you get hurt") In most ways it's better but with all of the foreigners coming over who havent yet payed into it and getting treatment it's losing money. Not racism, it is just a fact. Often they move here to get treatment for whatever disease they have.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 04-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHH DREAMS author View Post
Mostly I agree w/ Roderick, but not as passionately... Jaws is much better in my opinion. No offense but anyone who likes Deep Blue Sea better must be young. Anyone who has never seen Jaws is definitely young!

Jaws does have some bad scenes, most of which got edited out of the theatrical release. Like the killer whale that gets killed by the shark and washes up on the beach. It just seemed fake... My favorite scene is the hole in the boat and the head floating. They sort of reused that idea in Jaws III...
yeah in jaws three it's a bit better. in the original you only see the head for a couple of seconds but. in jaws 3, they give you two damn realistic close ups!
still scares me now.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:30 AM
bite me harder

Send a message via AIM to bleeding_angelgirl
i like them both just as much. and you have to remebr when jaws was made the special effects back then wasent that advanced. so for there time period it was the best. they beat deep blue sea in one area. the shark in jaws in my oppinion was more real looking then the computer animated ones in deepblue sea. but i love them both i own jaws and i want to by deep blue sea. i also loved growing up the movie orca any one see that?

I love the lines the men use to get us into bed. 'Please, I'll only put it in for a minute.' What am I, a microwave?
Old 04-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeding_angelgirl View Post
i like them both just as much. and you have to remebr when jaws was made the special effects back then wasent that advanced. so for there time period it was the best. they beat deep blue sea in one area. the shark in jaws in my oppinion was more real looking then the computer animated ones in deepblue sea. but i love them both i own jaws and i want to by deep blue sea. i also loved growing up the movie orca any one see that?
I disagree about Bruce looking more realistic. I think the deep blue Sea sharks were just shown underwater the whole time, unlike Jaws, which was 90% of the time just head shots from above and stuff. But... of course he looked better on the cage diving scene, wonder why:rolleyes:

Quote:
oh posher, I love you.

None of this is real
Old 04-16-2007, 05:03 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

There were a few cool shots of CG sharks in Deep Blue Sea. But for some strange reason that movie has not found its way onto my shelf!

The rubber shark stuff still works better for me...that cage diving scene that they dragged the mechanical shark into the Esther Williams tank for...those shots of that big rubber shark ramming the cage. For a few frames, you can even see the base that the mechanism is mounted on...it's like a black squarish shape underneath the shark. But the effect is still very chilling.

Friend....gooooood!