Old 05-19-2019, 10:37 AM
The Original Copycat

The New York Ripper ( 1982 )

Synopsis: In this romantic comedy, Fulci tells the tale of a madman loose in the Big Apple who’s penchant for sadistically torturing and butchering nubile young women has the police baffled. The killer’s brutal and misogynistic M.O. is eclipsed, only by his bizarre tendency to taunt the police in a “ Donald Duck voice “ as they race to catch him before the body count rises.

Oh man, they sure don’t make ‘em like they used to. This is one of THE prime examples of sleaze the genre has to offer, and its fuckin’ great! The absurdity of a killer that quacks as ( to quote the movie’s coroner )
” He used a blade. Stuck it up her joy trail, and slit her wide open “ manages to be both extremely graphic and hilarious at the same time. The fact that every guy in this flick is a scumfuck degenerate to some extent ( even the hero detective ) whom treat women somewhere between bad and like shit, works as excellent commentary reflective of the times and still manages to ring true to this day unfortunately. It’s a grimy, disturbing, and nasty little film that pulls no punches in it’s portrayal of abuse and violence towards women in all its forms, set to a rockin’ score by Francesco De Masi.

The only real downfall of the film, is in its whodunnit plot point. The killer’s identity is easy to decipher, as the handful of characters we are introduced to sport only one obvious red herring, and he’s too damn obvious to be it ( though he is a cock smoker... You have to watch it, lol.) and that’s not to mention that the back of the box literally shows the murderer attacking our heroine... Fucking oops.

Overall, if you’re in the mood for a giallo that is more mystery and atmosphere, maybe check out Argento’s Profondo Rosso or Fulci’s Don’t Torture a Duckling. But, if you’re looking for something that’s light on plot, but big on gore and the kind of sleaze that makes you wanna take a shower afterwards, this is one of the very best there is.

Rating: 8 body part fetching dogs, out of 10

Last edited by Oro13; 05-19-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:36 PM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oro13 View Post
I love all three flicks myself, but The Beyond is my fav. Watching the 12yr old version of the girl from Wendy’s getting a soft ball sized hole blown through her skull is alone worth the price of admission, I also just love the overall bleak and nightmarish atmosphere, also Cinzia Monreale is hauntingly alluring in her portrayal of blind Emily. Though, the zombies in the end were not supposed to be in this movie. Fulci originally envisioned a more supernatural and surreal film, but the German distributors ( banking on his previous Zombi success ) forced him to add zombies. Still a great overall film, but the sudden shift in gear tone towards the end is a bit jarring. Also, I’m pretty sure Fulci purposely made the doc shoot the zombies everywhere BUT the head just to fuck with everyone, lol.

But I’m glad you got to see all three films. You’ve finished Fulci’s “ Trilogy of Death “... Cuz y’know, he only ever made three films that had anything to do with death...
Well thanks to you I got to see "The Beyond". And the soundtrack of all of them definitely adds a throbbing and claustrophobic lovely feeling to the three.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:36 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
Thumbs up

Night of the demons
Old 05-25-2019, 07:04 PM
病気の

Crescendo, 1970.7/10

Director: Alan Gibson

Killing of the Dolls, 1975. 6/10

Director: Miguel Madrid

This film was so mental.
Old 05-29-2019, 12:29 AM
Evil Dead

THE INCREDIBLE 2 HEADED TRANSPLANT (1971). Judging from the title, You can imagine how ludicrious (sp?) this one is. Crazy as a quiet Hatter, Bruce Dern has been transplanting an extra head on animals for reasons not quite made clear and with the urging of his Assistant decides to graft the head of a Homicidal Sexual Sadist (Albert Cole, who has a great laugh) to the body of a very large mentally challenged worker and the usual hijinx commence.
Incredibly brutal in its treatment of said MC worker, this sadly doesn't reach the outrageous heights one would expect from this and quickly falls apart.
Also has Pat Priest ("Marilyn" from THE MUNSTERS) and Casy Kasem. **
Old 05-31-2019, 08:41 PM
Also known as newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
THE INCREDIBLE 2 HEADED TRANSPLANT (1971). Judging from the title, You can imagine how ludicrious (sp?) this one is. Crazy as a quiet Hatter, Bruce Dern has been transplanting an extra head on animals for reasons not quite made clear and with the urging of his Assistant decides to graft the head of a Homicidal Sexual Sadist (Albert Cole, who has a great laugh) to the body of a very large mentally challenged worker and the usual hijinx commence.
Incredibly brutal in its treatment of said MC worker, this sadly doesn't reach the outrageous heights one would expect from this and quickly falls apart.
Also has Pat Priest ("Marilyn" from THE MUNSTERS) and Casy Kasem. **
great cheesy movie.....pair it with this one and you have a party

Old 06-02-2019, 06:15 PM
This is a test

DEADLY DREAMS 1988

A young man feels he's being stalked by the man that killed his parents on Chritmas eve, ten years previously.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deadlydreams4.jpg (29.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-04-2019, 04:02 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
great cheesy movie.....pair it with this one and you have a party

Quite true...liked this one better than TI2HD and thought the vocal interplay between Ray and Rosey was quite humorous.

USED CARS (1980). May have reviewed this sometime over the past few years, but listened to the genuinely funny commentary (it seems Kurt Russell finds humor in just about anything). This had its thunder stolen by AIRPLANE released around the same time, but I find UC has held up better.
Jack Warden plays twin Brothers who own competing car lots and ultra nasty Roy L is not above highly questionable tactics to get his nicer, albeit less moneied, brothers lot. Kurt, in clashing leisure suits and non stop Motormouth, tries his best to stop him from doing so with help from a highly superstitious salesman, a fouled mouth violent mechanic and an adorable highly inventive dog, all the while unloading cars by hook or crook.
This is wild and crude throughout, but one that is incredibly funny and improves on future viewings. Some the scams the guys use to sell cars are hilariously inventive if not exactly ethical and there are two Car commercials that could only have thought up by lunatics...and I mean that in a good way.
Many years back started a little thing called "B-Movers" where a group would get together to watch movies that weren't quite so commercial and I showed this at Meeting #3. Went over quite well one buddy rocking back and forth, while I was sure another was going to hyperventilate as he was in literally gulping red faced hysterics. ****1/2
Old 06-05-2019, 11:42 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamahorrorfan87 View Post
Night of the demons
Night of the Demons is one of my favorites. A very fun and campy feel to it.

My most recent venture was Bloody Birthday (1981) a slasher following three kids that are born during a solar eclipse who proceed to kill anyone that annoys them.

Last edited by deaddread; 06-05-2019 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:38 PM
Evil Dead

Marathon Man: Good stuff. Hoffman was on point, Sir Laurence Olivier was convincing as a creepy Nazi. Also funny to see a young William Devane.

It's one of those classic seventies thrillers. Is it okay to say they don't make'em like that anymore?