Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Prometheus 2 OR Alien 5?
Prometheus 2 4 30.77%
Alien 5 1 7.69%
Both! 4 30.77%
Neither - just stop it! 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2014, 03:20 AM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Wow, that is insightful. Although, do you think they really turned out "terrible" in light of the changes. Alien 3 has its moments. Prometheus is a confusing film, but was well-received on HDC.
Terrible is a big word, I admit that. But I wouldn't say they're good movies.
And now I know what could have been, it would been even less pleasant to see those movies again.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:20 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Terrible is a big word, I admit that. But I wouldn't say they're good movies.
And now I know what could have been, it would been even less pleasant to see those movies again.
I hear ya. I think the film itself reveals what it could have been. It's a teaser film. It asks questions, and says 'imagine this', and then doesn't go there, all the while you know they could have. Nobody wants to wally in expectation for a whole 2-hour theatre film. It isn't a TV soup opera.

Prometheus could have gone to the world of the Alien creators, answered all the questions the film asks, and if that was done well, the mind would create a million more concepts & stories for a "Prometheus 2", and created quadruple the number of audience members for both films. Film history confirms that's how it works (ex: Alien/Aliens). How do these poor decisions get made?

Old 08-22-2014, 08:06 AM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
How do these poor decisions get made?
Stupid people get to decide. That's the sad world we live in.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:50 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
A slice of cake is good. Eating the entire thing can make you sick. Let it die.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 08-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Evil Dead

A Prometheus sequel was already written apparently.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Evil Sweat

James Cameron wanted to make Aliens 5 with Ridley Scott.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...theus-20140413

Last edited by Baron Von Marlon; 08-25-2014 at 06:43 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:51 PM
Little Boo

I can't wait for both. Aliens is my nr.1 movie of all time. Can't wait for either alien 5 or prometheus 2 :)
Old 08-25-2014, 07:00 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
James Cameron wanted to make Aliens 5 with Ridley Scott.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...theus-20140413
Director of Alien + Director of Aliens = does not compute

That would be amazing!
Old 08-31-2014, 08:08 AM
Evil Dead

I'd love to see a Prometheus sequel. Although that movie "could have been" so much more, I think what it was was amazing. It just gets the questions started, while at the same time being an engaging story on its own. I agree with Sculpt, I almost think they *need* to make a sequel to continue answering questions, and there's so much they can do with it. But that doesn't make the film bad, just because it doesn't include whatever each individual was expecting it to. I thought it was great, and just as good on second viewing (maybe better).

As far as the Alien proper franchise goes (which of course doesn't include anything with "vs" in the title), I have a tough time with the idea of trying to rewrite history by going back in the chronology of the canon, inserting a story, then saying everything after that doesn't count anymore. Sure, they could probably do it better than how it turned out, but I think I'd rather they try to make it fit in the canon. Maybe that's the plan. I guess I'm just overall less excited about that concept than learning more about the Prometheus origins storyline. Of course I would still be crazy about seeing it in the theater if it did come out. :)
Old 08-31-2014, 02:15 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
I'd love to see a Prometheus sequel. Although that movie "could have been" so much more, I think what it was was amazing. It just gets the questions started, while at the same time being an engaging story on its own. I agree with Sculpt, I almost think they *need* to make a sequel to continue answering questions, and there's so much they can do with it. But that doesn't make the film bad, just because it doesn't include whatever each individual was expecting it to. I thought it was great, and just as good on second viewing (maybe better).

As far as the Alien proper franchise goes (which of course doesn't include anything with "vs" in the title), I have a tough time with the idea of trying to rewrite history by going back in the chronology of the canon, inserting a story, then saying everything after that doesn't count anymore. Sure, they could probably do it better than how it turned out, but I think I'd rather they try to make it fit in the canon. Maybe that's the plan. I guess I'm just overall less excited about that concept than learning more about the Prometheus origins storyline. Of course I would still be crazy about seeing it in the theater if it did come out. :)
I liked Prometheus, don't get me wrong. I thought it was fascinating. Why, during the film, and especially at the end, I was thinking about what the film wasn't doing... not sure, but for me the second half seemed negatively restrained and stunted in reveal and interesting material. I'll have to see it again.

For a new Alien film, I would much rather they throw out Resurrection 'cannon' -- as Resurrection takes place 200 years after Alien 3, and Ripley is a clone. I think it's really too complicated for the general audience. It's interesting, but personally, I thought that jump was unnecessary. It's more of a 'what if' story.

Resurrection 2 could be good, but I'd rather Scott and/or Cameron start where Aliens left off.