Old 06-01-2010, 03:16 AM
That fucking Guy...

Modern Family?

Hey...so I've been watching through this show.
I believe a whole season has aired thus far, but hey.

I actually find it pretty funny...not in a wanky or over-the-top way...I think it's pretty down to earth with a range of characters that EASILY could have bee way more stereotypical than their portrayals in this show - the gay guys for example, while one of them is a little queen-ish they portray two dudes in a loving monogamous situation that have a serious relationship and a child - wow, a show finally did that...and a comedy no less?
It's good for a laugh, while actually staying relatively "family friendly" without dropping off into kiddy-land.
Sophia Vergara, I've always enjoyed a bit of a perv on too (tittiessss!)...the blonde mum is actually not a bad looker at all either and both have their moments.
The kids are a mixed bag - though the younger daughter is probably my favourite child/teen character in a show in...I can't remember how long...bit of a troublemaking bitch with the brains to actually pull it off. Manny is also an interesting creation, I think his insights are always pretty humourous as well.
Phil (he was in the '04 dawn of the dead, right?) plays the buffoon pretty well, and while at first I was a little disappointed that Ed ONeill wasn't a carbon copy of the Al Bundy I know and love, his character is not without charm, and I've grown to like his character quite a bit too. Just the right edge of bitter/happy/cynical.

So just thought I'd throw out a reco for what I think is a pretty good quality comedy show.
Anyone check it out thus far?
Old 06-01-2010, 08:36 AM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
Love this show, I've missed a few but what i've seen its pretty good show about a modern family in the times we live in now.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Misanthrope

I've been watching this and think it's solid. A bit of a step above a lot of the crappy comedy shows on the box these days.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:48 AM
Flick It!

Send a message via Yahoo to Rook
Modern Fam

Yeah Its funny as hell. I subscribe to it on Hulu.com. I dont think it actually depicts a modern family but has all the components of 3 or 4 modern families, which makes it funnier. The relationship between Ed O'neill ( Al Bundy ) and his gay son is the funniest. And also Ed Oniell"s son in law. Hilarious...check it out.