Old 07-21-2011, 04:38 PM
KinzCove

Send a message via Skype™ to KinzCove
Post The Red River Flows - Horror WIP

Hey,
I'm Matt (KinzCove) and I am heavily into stop-motion horror. Last year I created a short 5 minute horror/thriller titled "Home for Supper," and this year i'm working on another LEGO Horror Film titled "The Red River Flows" - the story is about a coven of deadly witches who kidnap and murder young girls as their sacrifices to Satan. The project is really fun to work on, since I have a slight obsession with horror films. The film was inspired by Halloween, The Last House on the Left, Crowhaven Farm, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Older Works:

Home for Supper (2010): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bGtYToXS4Q

Easter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmJQ4dFWaMY

Now more about The Red River Flows...

I got the idea in the shower, like I do with most ideas, and I developed on it. The filming started about 3 weeks ago, and is very tedious, I try and perfect each scene. The current running time of the film is 8 minutes long, which is 7,200 pictures of LEGO on my computer.

The Red River Flows Trailer

The trailer was meant to be cheesy, since I love the 70s exploitation film style, so I like incorporating it into my newer works.

The screenplay is 75 pages, but it's slightly over-detailed, and some sections are dull when adapted, so I kinda twisted things a bit from the screenplay to filming.

Anyways, i'll update this thread with more details about the film, here's some frames from it.

Thanks for reading, i'll edit this post with more frames as the progress nears completion.

-Matthew

Last edited by KinzCove; 07-21-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Tags
horror, murder, revenge, slasher, witches