Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Little Boo

PLEASE HELP me find this story Google can't!

Hi everyone! I am really racking my brain with Google to no avail. I am trying to find a short story which I don't know the name of- I read it in a short story collection of horror stories a while back and it was incredibly awesome (one of the type where you're creeping around your house after reading -_-)

Here is what I know: It takes place at a house party. I believe two of the protagonists have trouble finding the place in the beginning and in kinda a creepy way.

When they get there, its a few couples hanging out and they end up exploring the house (I cant remember why, maybe it was a housewarming party and the hosts were inexplicably absent? cant remember)

Anyway they explore and they find grey partially developed objects in specimen jars in the attic and they are labeled with names or something, or just one name. its incredibly creepy and weird.

Later in the evening they find a Tarot deck and they are reading each other in kind of a goofy way using the little booklet provided. One guy gets a reading and a card comes up that has no label on it (no name) and the girl has trouble finding it in the book. It shows a black animal on the card.

Anyway everyone moves on to drinking and revelry but he sees the box with the cards sitting forgotten and he looks in it and he counts them up but he finds that the card with the black animal wax extra in the deck and isnt explained in the booklet.

The story ends with him going outside later on and encountering the creature on the card posed in the exact same setting.

does ANYONE see anything familiar here or have any idea? Its driving me nuts! If nobody knows but if you guys frequent other horror forums maybe you could post this there IDK, I know this is going to be a tough nut to crack and it MUST be obscure if google won't cooperate.

Thanks in advance everyone and thanks for your time