Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-15-2015, 04:42 PM
Horror Fan

Achieving immortality?

Sup bros? What are your thoughts on possibilities for immortality? Can it be realized, scientifically or mystically?

Exhibit A: Turritopsis Nutricula AKA the "Immortal Jellyfish." When in stress or injured it can reverse its current age to a younger age and start aging again.

Also: lobsters and turtles. Do we have any proof they ever die of old age, or are they all just caught and run over and made into lobster bisque and shit?

Old 03-15-2015, 04:59 PM

There would be a lot of weird things like would we live forever but continue to age? Would my grandchildren someday catch up to me? Would we have any room for new humans? How long would we have to work etc. What need would there be for time...
Old 03-15-2015, 05:20 PM
Horror Fan

Great questions, Bloofer. I would have so much fun using my prod to keep my flock of descendants in line.

There are living entities that are immortal, which means that very soon through medicine and science we (or the rich at least) may be able to become immortal.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:39 PM
No Tears Please...

I don't see immortality coming in the form of tweaks to your current system. A Dr. In Sweden claims to be 7-10 years from successfully transplanting a human head. With that, you could easily purchase a younger body and start the aging process over. Eventually we will be able to transplant our heads onto a mechanical body effectively stopping the aging process.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:23 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
I don't see immortality coming in the form of tweaks to your current system. A Dr. In Sweden claims to be 7-10 years from successfully transplanting a human head. With that, you could easily purchase a younger body and start the aging process over. Eventually we will be able to transplant our heads onto a mechanical body effectively stopping the aging process.
But that head would still be older than the young body and aging. That would just look fucked up.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:49 PM
No Tears Please...

Your exterior ages because your interior ages. I would be willing to bet that if you had a younger body, you may stop aging or possibly age in reverse a bit.

A couple other possibilities. Vampire therapy, this says that if you cycle your blood out and younger blood in through a dialysis system, you can effectively age in reverse. This is actually a things and its catching on.

They also can download your consciousness into a computer now. It's only been done once so far, but they can take your mind and put it into a computer, technically making your consciousness live forever.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
But that head would still be older than the young body and aging. That would just look fucked up.
Also, where would the younger body be coming from? Who would we be killing? Sounds like a horror film!

Last edited by The Bloofer Lady; 03-16-2015 at 02:48 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:17 AM
No Tears Please...

Doesn't it! I see wealthy people farming young men and women with perfect bodies. One day your best friend disappears and you go looking for him just to find a huge cover up and a group of super wealthy who are genetically creating superior physical bodies in order to use them when they need them.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:24 AM
It's a-liiiiiiiiiiiiive!

Indians speak of Immortals ... people who, every 50 years or so, undergo an extreme Ayurvedic rejuvenation procedure, shed their skin/hair, grow new organ tissue, etc.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:54 AM
Evil Dead

Well....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ildhl.jpg (2.7 KB, 17 views)